INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd problem with ID3 tags and database  (Read 1020 times)

David

Odd problem with ID3 tags and database
« on: August 23, 2002, 11:51:17 am »

I'm using 8.0.348 to listen to .mp3 files of my audio books.  Being audio books there are a lot of files and they are all pretty large.
Here's my problem.  The 32nd track of each book, when I update my library, has a track # of 0.  When I edit the track number (putting in 32 of course) it is saved in the library and the modification date of the file is updated.  But when I update the library again, the track number of these files goes back to 0.  This ONLY occurs with the 32 tracks.  None of the other's is presenting any problem at all.

Let me also say that I am thrilled with Media Jukebox.  I've tried just about every Jukebox software there is and was a MusicMatch fan because it seemed to be the easiest and most flexible.  It has some problems writing ID3 tags under XP, however, and support is pretty bad.
This is a terrific product, even more flexible than MusicMatch.
GOOD WORK.

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:Odd problem with ID3 tags and database
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 12:05:23 pm »

David - search the forum since this has been discussed before. The problem is that the number of bytes used for track # in the v1 (I think) tag is limited so 32 = 0 in binary when the field overflows.

No doubt KingSparta will have a better and more accurate explanation...
Namaste,
John

David

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2002, 10:56:06 am »

I'd be happy to.  In fact, I tried.  I ended up with more information than I knew what to do with.  Any chance I could get some suggestions on what to search for?

Thanks

joe|PLS|mama

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2002, 12:04:00 pm »

I did the search (I used 32 and 32 tag as my search words) and read all (or most) of the relevant threads and, basically, the solution appears to be that since most people don't have very many albums that have 32 or more tracks, just live with it.

Rob

Listening to: 'Computerlove (Remix)' from 'The Mix' by 'Kraftwerk' on Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 12:06:52 pm »

Have you ever noticed that old things become new?

Look For Chr(32) you might find something
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up