INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will Girder handle anything other than the commands in the UBBUIRT plugin?  (Read 1296 times)

Chad

• Recent member

If I'm not using the remote control for anything other than MC12 and don't want to do any other automation on the computer, will Girder benefit me any?

Does it do anything other than what's in the USBUIRT plugin?  I notice that there is only a limited number of commands in that plugin, so I could not for example, increase or decrease the rating of a song with the remote.  Could I do something like that with Girder?  Does it have access to different commands? 

- Chad

Edit:  I'm using a URC MX-900 and a Sonance DAB1 to send the IR commands, and both are programmable with macros, so at least I have macros covered already in the sending devices.

Marquis

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi Chad,

I would say "yes", but it's not so easy. Girder is very powerful, but it takes some time to setup. You need to define each single action and assign it to a button on your remote.

But when done, you can send any command that is supported by MC12, such as changing the rating etc. There are already girder definition-files around here where most of the commands are already handled. I believe you can download a trial-version to test before you buy at www.promixis.com

BR/Marc

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

If I'm not using the remote control for anything other than MC12 and don't want to do any other automation on the computer, will Girder benefit me any?

Does it do anything other than what's in the USBUIRT plugin?  I notice that there is only a limited number of commands in that plugin, so I could not for example, increase or decrease the rating of a song with the remote.  Could I do something like that with Girder?  Does it have access to different commands? 

Yes. It could, though as Marquis indicated, Girder can be a bit difficult to wrap your brain around.  Once you "get it" (read the tutorial and the manual in the help file or you'll get nowhere) it's actually quite easy to use, but if you are a non-manual-reader and you expect to just understand it intuitively, you'll be hopelessly lost.

There is a free trial.

As far as what you can do with Girder?  Well, for starters, you can use any of these commands: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

(That isn't a complete list either.  For a complete list, refer to the MCCcommands.h file linked on that page.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Chad

• Recent member

Excellent.  Thanks for the link.  Yeah, this looks like it would offer commands I need.
Pages: [1]   Go Up