INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD drive and spindown application  (Read 1244 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
DVD drive and spindown application
« on: June 03, 2007, 03:21:46 pm »

16 x DVD drives can be REALLY loud when the movie enters a silent sceen. The one I got just gave his life for a burned, badly mixed, CD with 4 Non Blonds and god knows what  :o It didnt cost much, as I actually got it from school two years ago. How I got it I would rather not say. Though I can admit it involved an older DVD drive, a newer DVD drive and some fiddeling with an Philips screwdriver.

The reason I wanted the drive was that It worked great with a program called CD Bremse. As this program is a bit picky on the DVD drives it supports I'm little nervous buying a new drive.
It's this guy from Germany who have written it. I have tried in English and German to contact him. He only asks for 10 euro for this application, and I'd be MORE than willing to pay. But I simply can't contact him. He never answers. The reason I want to buy the app is because the application will not atomaticly terminate and go to the system bar without a registerd version. It fucks up my automation :)

Anyway... This all makes me want to look for another solution. I have tried DVDIdle Pro. The application is great for region free playing, trailer and commercial skipping, but it only builds up cache of the dvd. That means it will be dead silent for 10 minutes and then wwwwwWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! for a couple of minutes. It kills me.

You got any suggestions how to deal with this god darn drive noise problem?

- Carl
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up