INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Lookup Failed  (Read 1940 times)

Dubster

• Recent member
  • Computer Software Designer
CD Lookup Failed
« on: June 01, 2007, 01:31:10 am »

My first attempt to rip with MC12 encountered the "CD Lookup Failed" box (Stars - Heart).  I loaded iTunes - no problem with finding the track info but it failed to rip the first track properly.  Loaded WMP11 which ripped the CD just fine and got the track info too.  Then I imported the WMP rip to MC12 and submitted the track info to YADB which seemed to go fine.  Not trusting the WMP rip, I then deleted its files and went to rip the CD with MC12, BUT the "CD Lookup Failed" box popped up again.

Is there a problem with this CD in particular, with MC12, or am I doing something wrong?

Tom

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Re: CD Lookup Failed
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 02:29:20 am »

I'm not 100% sure, but I think all submissions are vetted. So if you submitted then looked up the same day,chances are it may not have been accepted yet. At least thats my theory until someone who knows more comes along ;)

C.

gappie

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 03:19:00 am »

i think there are two different databases. one for trackinfo which makes/recognizes a small 'fingerprint' of the soundfile. and there is the cd database which recognizes the cd. so when you added the trackinfo via 'submit trackinfo to yadb', it is in another database then the cdlookup.

or that is how i understand it. :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 05:34:37 am »

i think there are two different databases. one for trackinfo which makes/recognizes a small 'fingerprint' of the soundfile. and there is the cd database which recognizes the cd. so when you added the trackinfo via 'submit trackinfo to yadb', it is in another database then the cdlookup.
That's correct.

Dubster

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 12:16:26 pm »

Okay, so I did the lookup after ripping and it only picked up two of the eleven tracks.  Supposedly this would be because of a difference between the WMP rip (mp3 @ 192k) and MC12 w/vbr, but I can't seem to find a way to use the information that I know is there.  If YADB can locate even one song, how can I get it to give me the tag info for the other ten tracks on the same disk?  Or is there no "album" concept?

Am I going about this the wrong way?  Is there another approach, like a tool that copies tag info from one set of files to another?

BTW, MC12 is a wonderful product.  It's the kind of improvement over older versions that I've been waiting for.

Tom

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 03:36:32 pm »

Hi Tom,

A brief summary: when you right click on the CD in the tree, and choose "Lookup from on-line database", it is using the CD (Whole Album) lookup. If you right click on a track (or multiple tracks) then it is a single track lookup. There is NO relationship between the two (at the moment).

If a single track is found, it means nothing about whether the CD that track appears on is found, and vice versa.

The Stars/Heart disc is in the database, I'm not sure why you didn't find it. Either stick the CD in, right click and lookup, note the
exact time and post her, or just post the first 10 track lengths here. I'll see why it isn't looking it up.

Confishy - there is a voting algorithm that is used on submission, recently highly improved. There is automatic vetting too, but it happens very quickly (within seconds usually).

j

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 09:34:27 pm »

John, Thanks for the info.
C.

Dubster

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 12:51:01 am »

The Stars/Heart disc is in the database, I'm not sure why you didn't find it. Either stick the CD in, right click and lookup, note the
exact time and post her, or just post the first 10 track lengths here. I'll see why it isn't looking it up.

John,

On 6/2 at 11:23 PM MDT right clicked with CD loaded and selected lookup online; got "The CD was not found".  The first 10 tracks are 5:15, 4:03, 5:55, 2:44, 4:05, 4:37, 4:20, 4:58, 4:18 and 3:14.

Initially, when the CD was loaded the message was "CD Lookup Failed".

Thanks for your help.

Tom

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 02:36:43 pm »

I checked - the length for track #11 is different. The length on your disc matches what I found on the web.

But, when you originally submitted it, it should have added it to the database along with the existing disc with a different
track length for track 11.

Could you submit it again, note the exact time, and post here?

Thanks

j

Dubster

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 11:46:28 pm »

Sorry it's taken so long to get back.  The resubmit was done at 10:44 PM MDT.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 09:47:40 am »

Ah... now I understand. You are submitting individual track data, but doing a lookup for the entire CD.

Stick the CD in the drive, and in Media Center, open the "Drives and Devices" part of the tree.
Right click on the CD drive, and choose "Submit to Online Database".

Then try looking up the CD to see if it is found.

If you have any ideas on how to make the distinction between individual track and whole CD cleared, please let me know.
This confuses many people...

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up