INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Search" results  (Read 1041 times)

JONCAT

"Search" results
« on: June 07, 2007, 10:39:41 pm »

I am searching for "live" and Tosh's album Wanted Dread or Alive keeps getting returned with all the other results

.....?

DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: "Search" results
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:49:50 pm »

Search looks anywhere inside a string.

Use [Live] to force the string to start and stop with what you want.  The help file has more details.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 03:27:58 am »

I initially tried [live] as the help file states it should return what is exactly (starts with stops with) contained in brackets, and from what you're saying I guess this means I am searching for a particular instance of a field that in this case just has "live" in it....because I return zero search results with [live].

I don't want to find an isolated instance of "live" but the word "live" in a field with other characters. "Live" seems to be what I am looking for except that one instance of "Alive". When I type live without quotes I return results similar to Alive in which the string of letter l-i-v-e are present.

I'm just up tending to a teether and I'll check the help file with more depth tomorrow.

thanks
JC

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 03:35:47 am »

search for "live" (with the quotes) to return instances where live appears anywhere in the string.
Pages: [1]   Go Up