INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Minimal Keys  (Read 780 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Theater View Minimal Keys
« on: June 08, 2007, 08:29:03 pm »

I'm not surprised at all that the most recently posted to threads are related to theater view.

Now I'm considering the control of theater view.  Here is a list of buttons that seem to be necessary for easy & fast control of theater view.  Are there any other key combinations or buttons that I am missing that seem extremely important?

Arrows (four way)
Enter
Page Up / Page Down
Home / End

All I need is an infrared receiver that can receive these 9 buttons--plus perhaps a few I'm forgetting.  It seems like these are all that are needed to completely control theater view.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Theater View Minimal Keys
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 08:35:16 pm »

I just called Best Buy asking for any type of infrared control unit --keyboard/remote/ etc.  The guy I talked to was adamant that I would absolutely have to get Windows Media Center to get a remote.

All I need is an infrared keyboard with IR USB receiver and then I could pick the buttons I need --like the ones above--and program those into my universal remote.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Theater View Minimal Keys
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:52:28 pm »

I use the MS IR Receiver and Remote Control which now just works out of the box with MC12 and you should be able to buy it just about anywhere - just plug in the USB Receiver and away you go - no config is required! (note - if you are running XP you will need to install a patch from MS (the link is in another thread), in Vista it is just recognised).
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up