INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Remote & Alternatives  (Read 3868 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Remote & Alternatives
« on: June 12, 2007, 09:24:55 am »

I finally realized the battery in my remote was dead.  Luckily, a reading light I recently ordered came with two extra batteries and they were exactly what I needed.  So the button cell I needed was only a few steps away.

Anyway, the Soundblaster Audigy 2 remote is horrible.  It has about half a second lage between button pushes and action.  I even tried my universal remote to see if it was the remote...nope.  To make matters worse, the center button (which pops up Select/Enter onscreen) does not work at all.  So I have no way to diving further into the MC interface.

It's really too bad that I will now have to buy yet another thing to get this working.  I still think an infrared keyboard would be the solution.  And it would be nice for those times I want to use this setup as a computer, too.

benn600

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Remote & Alternatives
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 09:49:47 am »

Okay, here is a search for USB remote.  Nothing comes up that looks like it would help me:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=usb+remote

Where do I need to go to just get a simple IR remote that will let me control MC's theater view with the standard and simple button requirement list: arrows, pageup/down, home/end, Esc, A, I, O?

I have been looking but still can't find anything.  What do other people use?  Surely you don't want to use a big keyboard.

benn600

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 10:09:33 am »

I'm going to order this remote.  It looks, from the review, that it will do exactly what I want.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833998033

benn600

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 06:23:21 pm »

I can't believe how fast that was!  I got the remote today!  Next day!  For free (shipping)!

My entire experience with this remote is undeniably near perfect.  I didn't even touch the preset programming.  I just started programing exactly what I wanted the remote to do.  Some of the buttons are not used for what they are pictured to do...but that's okay because on my Sony universal remote, I name them whatever I want.

Here are the 17 buttons I'm using:

1. Arrow up
2. Arrow right
3. Arrow Down
4. Arrow Left
5. Enter
6. Play/Pause
7. Page up
8. Page down
9. Backspace
10. I (zoom in)
11. O (zoom out)
12. A (aspect ratio)
13. Ctrl - Right
14. Ctrl - Left
15. Next track (see MC menu)
16. Prev track (see MC menu)
17. Mute

The remote is EXACTLY what I was looking for.  It even can switch between programs and have custom button actions for each program.  You can even use the arrows to move the mouse and almost replace a mouse for simple situations.  The response is moderately fast--fast enough for me.  I'd say a 8 or 9 on a 10 point scale.

Now I just need another receiver because I will just need the receiver.  The remote will be unused in my situation.

Irtelli

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 07:11:00 am »

I'm stuck simply getting the audigy remote to work at all with media player 13. I used to use a program called uICE but it doesn't support vista 64. Am I missing something really obvious?
Pages: [1]   Go Up