INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User - "Manage file locations" question  (Read 878 times)

galahad1974

• World Citizen
New User - "Manage file locations" question
« on: July 20, 2007, 09:33:58 pm »

Hello!
   I'm a long time Itunes user, and over the last few months, after purchasing a non ipod Media player, I've become less and less satisfied by Itunes as a whole, and more impatient with the issues i tolerated before. So a friend recommended MC to me and I must say I love it, I cant find anything I don't like about the softwares functionality. There is currently only one thing keeping me from throwing itunes in the can completely and its a big one, so i figured id see if you guys could tell me if im missing something, or if theres a plugin that will solve my problem.

What i'm missing is Itunes functionality at managing the location of the files in my library, Upon import itunes can copy the media file to a specific location based on the id3tags and rename the file based on id3 tags. Is there a way to make MC do this and free me from my itunes subjugation? I really appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks in advance.

Will H.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New User - "Manage file locations" question
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 09:52:54 pm »

Try Tools/Library Tools/Rename Files from Properties.  But try a few before you do very many.

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 10:02:41 pm »

Thanks for the reply! Does that only rename the file or does it also create the correct directory structure for the newly renamed file?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 11:34:39 pm »

It has separate options for the directory and the filename.

You can use either of the options or both options at the same time.

It can reorganize a complete library if you have all files selected. However, as Jim said, experiment with a few files first.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 12:39:22 am »

You guys are awesome, thanks. Bye bye itunes. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up