INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restore  (Read 1646 times)

Cal Richards

Restore
« on: August 22, 2002, 03:39:06 pm »

When I purchased Media Jukebox I was not made aware of the fact that I could only use the restore key a limited number of times.
Now I find that I have to purchase a new key.
I don't think I should have to purchase a new key inasmuch as I was never advised that I had a limited number of restores.
I will NOT purchase another key.
If I have no other recourse I will simply continue to use Music Match Jukebox and chalk up this incident with Media Jukebox  as a lesson well learned when dealing with this company.  
Cal Richards
cal@richards.name

Harry|PLS|the|PLS|Hipster

RE:Restore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 05:08:23 pm »

Whoa, friend. Did you take a look around before you downloaded? Right there under Help>FAQ at the top you'll find a hypertext link to "Purchase and License Details", and clicking through that would have steered you to license specifics for both 7.2 and 8x. Rather hard to miss. Here's a licensing FAQ for 8x:

"Q: I tried to restore several times, and the last time it failed.
A: You have six free restores per year. After that, you need to purchase another registration code."

All of us from time to time stumble into something without taking a moment to understand how it works. Do it all the time myself. The real question is can we be candid enough to admit its our fault, not the other guy's.

Perhaps on reflection you'll come to see that fair warning was given. I am curious however - how did you manage to race through 6 reinstalls when downloading new betas don't even count against the total?

HTH

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 06:22:26 pm »

Cal,
Try it again, please.  Should work.  Read the FAQ carefully if you're installing on more than one PC.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

phelt

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2002, 10:09:43 pm »

Harry|PLS|the|PLS|Hipster: most folks don't make many, if any, major changes to their systems in a year, but it's easier than you might think to go through the restores. I got my license at the end of June and I've already been through 2 or 3 restores. I made no hardware changes.

Cal Richards

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 08:29:55 am »

In response to HTH, you assume that I had used the 6 alloted restores.
I, in fact had used only one, which I used when I upgraded my OS to WinXP (not a new install, only an upgrade from Win 2K.)
When I rebooted, MJ was nowhere to be found so I downloaded the file again and used the restore key.
I did, however, receive messages when I opened MJ that I had "X" number of days left to pay for the upgrade (or something to that effect.)
I mistakenly paid no attention to the message as I had indeed paid for it, otherwise I wouldn't have had the restore key.
From reading the postings in this forum, it appears that I am not alone in my confusion re: the restore key and the fact that the system apparently charges for restores not used.
Cal Richards
cal@richards.name

Cal Richards

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2002, 08:41:04 am »

Jim;
I appreciate your efforts, but I still get the same results when I attempt to restore.
What is confusing, however, is the fact that after the restore attempt, I receive a message that states "Thank you for purchasing Media Jukebox. here are some helpful links".
Prior to this message, I am advised that the restore failed.
Any ideas?
Cal Richards
cal@richards.name

gateley

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2002, 08:42:34 am »

What browser are you using?

Click Help->Registration info and it will tell you if the restore succeeded (I think you are registered, otherwise you wouldn't
get the helpful links page).

j

Cal Richards

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2002, 09:42:05 am »

Jim;
My browser is IE 6.0.26.
When I open the "registration" link it tells me "unregistered- 0 days left in the trial period."
I appeciate your help.
Who the dickens is HTH?
Cal Richards
cal@richards.name

gateley

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2002, 10:22:19 am »

I am showing only 1 restore for you, and that was about 20 minutes before your last post. I don't know what you were trying before, but you didn't use up any restores.

Please read the FAQ carefully and try again.

j

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2002, 11:05:54 am »

Just another user, Cal. And yes, I did read your original message as indicating you had no more restores. If I misunderstood, apologies, but that's the clear inference from what you wrote ("...I could only use the restore key a limited number of times. Now I find that I have to purchase a new key.")

Anyhow, hope you're able to get up and running and can continue to explore the depth and versatility of MJ.

HTH

JimH

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2002, 11:31:15 am »

gateley,
I reset his restores.
Jim Hillegass

Cal Richards

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2002, 12:30:54 pm »

Jim;
Something is drastically wrong with this application.
There's no buttons for volume,etc.
It also doesn't show the any other control buttons nor does it show the list of music files.
I would uninstall the app. and reinstall, but I'm afraid that will take another restore.
Any help will be deeply appreciated.
Cal Richards

Cal Richards

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2002, 12:42:49 pm »

Jim;
I'm sorry, but I forgot to tell you about my attempts to activate the advanced settings.
When I go to help/options and select any of the advanced features and click on OK, I receive a message that says, "this feature is not available. Your 30 day trial period has expired.
I hate to keep bugging you, but this is maddening.
HELP
Cal Richards

JimH

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2002, 12:51:10 pm »

Uninstall, reboot reinstall.  Make sure you're using the latest version from our downloads page.

Don't worry about restores now.  We'll take care of that.
Jim Hillegass
Pages: [1]   Go Up