INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD Audio problem  (Read 975 times)

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck
DVD Audio problem
« on: June 16, 2007, 09:57:25 pm »

First, let me say that I am a newbie to the HTPC and have learned much from these forums...I appreciate all the input, however, this is a steep learning curve and I have a long way to go.

I have set up my system for SPDIF output for bit perfect audio to my main audio processor.  Thus far, I have been able to use MC12 to play flac files directly to my processor via an optical connection from my Chaintech AV-710.  I have bit perfect output and can play DTS and DD files as well. However, when I play a DVD, I do not get any sound sent to my processor.  I understand that I am trying to get AC3 or DTS passthru on the SPDIF. 

Do I need to add plugins to MC12 to do this?  Do I need to install FFDSHOW to get all this to work?

Thanks for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DVD Audio problem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 08:03:42 am »

I'm not expert on this, but start by reading about using DirectShow in MC.  There is info in the wiki (on the menu above) and in the FAQ (a thread above).

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 08:53:56 am »

Thanks, I am in the process of trying to digest all this video stuff.  I really love the capabilities the HPTC has given me with my music library. This sure has been a steep learning curve to get things working.  It seems the process of building a HTPC is filled with so many hardware and software variables that it sometimes seems like a daunting task. However, it is a nice challange.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 09:13:15 am »

Goto Options/Playback/DVD Playback Settings

Under the Audio group box, there is a button for Selecting output device (audio renderer), go there

and choose the Chaintech in the Audio Renderer combo box.

HTH.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s
Pages: [1]   Go Up