INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: web access in theather view  (Read 936 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
web access in theather view
« on: June 19, 2007, 12:39:58 am »

RSS access in theater view is a neat idea, but wouldn't it be cool to also support a more basic functionality: full view web page browsing in theater view. An immediate application is to access tv sites like abc online or youtube using remote.

Here is a somewhat ortogonal but related issue:
Currently, I import favorite links and access them with special view schemes. This has two drawbacks 1) it is kind of hack hiding that major functionality in an arbitrary view scheme 2) the web pages are opened in a seperate browser as oppose to MC full size view.

Since the playing now view is already a web based system, I bet opening web pages in full view is not very difficult to implement.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: web access in theather view
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 07:40:59 am »

I think you can already do this - Options|Theater View|Add|Custom Item...
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 09:25:58 am »

I think you can already do this - Options|Theater View|Add|Custom Item...
There are several problems with this that I have noted on other threads:

1.  There isn't a nice transition to the webpage when clicking the custom button on the home page. The background of the right pane turns white while waiting for the webpage to load. The background should stay visible until the webpage loads.

2.  You can't control the webpage with a remote. You have to use a mouse to scroll.

3.  You can't zoom the webpage. It is impossibly hard to read the text in Theater View. When using IE7, I can zoom in to read the text better.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 10:51:46 am »

also, if you select a URL using MC, (MC can store URLs just like other documents) the selected URL opens in an external browser as oppose to MC. So I want two things:

1) ability to add "documents" to the main theater view (so that I can access URLs easier)
2) in theater view, opening URLs in MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up