INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feature i cannot find  (Read 1467 times)

groovyd

feature i cannot find
« on: June 21, 2007, 02:28:09 pm »

a couple simple things...

1. one feature i am sure exists that i cannot find is a hotkey to remove the currently playing song from your library and stop it playing.  like all of the sudden a song pops on that i dont want in my library and i want it gone and fast.  i use MC12 to play background music at my restaurant and it can be embarassing when a bad song comes on.  just need a fast key that i press and it is gone, or atleast out of the library. anyone?

2. no matter how i have tried balancing the volumes of my music when it was recorded and during playback, one song is always loud and the next quiet.  is there anyway to have them all relatively the same volume?

thanks alot in advance for any help!

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: feature i cannot find
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 02:43:55 pm »

Get a keyboard with media keys on it - that way you can simply hit "skip forward" to jump over the embarrassing track.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 02:48:28 pm »

Just listen to your entire collection ahead of time and manually edit each song in Audacity to manually get them at the same apparent level.  It should take only a few days if you don't sleep.

Addition: This is actually similar to a feature I am looking for.  In theater view, I want a way to delete items from the library (and hard drive).  So a quick hotkey would solve the problem.

groovyd

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 02:56:25 pm »

i have a good media keyboard with all the fancy controls, but the problem is i want the song out of the library, not just to go to the next track and i cannot go through any elaborate process to do it.  ideally a 'remove from library' hotkey that doesn't even disrupt the view.  this is being used in a cafe with a few large screen displays and i don't want to disrupt the visualization going on.

the problem with the one at a time review and adjust volume idea is i just cannot do it.  i got too many songs and people add their own favorite songs more or less randomly from the library.  an auto-balance on the volume would really help. i would have assumed there already is this capability and just that i have not found it yet. am i wrong?

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 03:19:01 pm »

the problem with the one at a time review and adjust volume idea is i just cannot do it.  i got too many songs and people add their own favorite songs more or less randomly from the library.  an auto-balance on the volume would really help. i would have assumed there already is this capability and just that i have not found it yet. am i wrong?

Analyze all of your songs and make the tracks play back with the calculated replay gain. You can add the Replay Gain column to show if any are calculated yet. If they are not then Right Click tracks -> Library Tools -> Analyze.
After that is done go to Player -> Playback Option -> DSP Studio and Check for Volume Leveling (based on each track and fixed I think).

Finito. That should solve most of your volume problems.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

groovyd

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 03:51:41 pm »

i assume you are talking about doing these things from within the MC12?  I tried the library tools and it says 'no files selected'... strange because i selected all the files under the 'audio' tab.  is there something i missed?

groovyd

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 03:57:58 pm »

after messing around a bit more i think i figured out that you have to infact select the tracks instead of the albums directly and it now gives me the required options... sorry, just wasn't entirely intuitive for me the whole interface but i think i got it figured out now... i will see how it does... thank you!

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 04:01:06 pm »

Yea. You have to select the tracks. I think it's very intuitiv as you can choose exactly what you want to analyze.
Good luck.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

groovyd

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 04:08:18 pm »

now it makes sense, it was just that i had tried selecting all my music by clicking on 'All(5502)' under the 'albums' column thinking i was selecting all the albums but it needs you to select the tracks, not the albums. i figured by selecting all the albums i was indirectly selecting all the tracks and was confused when it told me nothing was selected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up