INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help: PC's s-video to TV = rolling picture  (Read 2125 times)

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
help: PC's s-video to TV = rolling picture
« on: June 22, 2007, 07:01:55 pm »

When I plug my PC's s-video output to my TV's s-video input, the picture rolls.  With either of the two laptops I've tried this with the picture was fine, so I assume it is something to do with my video card in the PC.

It is an ATi Sapphire Radeon X300se, and has both a Primary and Secondary monitor outputs as well as an S-Video for TV out.

Anyone have any ideas?   I'd appreciate the help.
I have been all through the device manager and settings for the displays, but there is nothing there for the s-video.

could running it "headless" have any effect?
. . . the game is rigged

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: help: PC's s-video to TV = rolling picture
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 08:56:30 pm »

Try a different refresh rate.  Then try a different resolution.  Then try a different color depth.  Then try going to the advanced configuration for your video card and look at the TV settings--there may be some checkboxes or settings to tweak.

I often have issues like yours--horrible picture, rolling picture, dots on screen, etc., but they always go away once I setup the details of the picture to their optimum setting.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 06:39:49 pm »

Thanks for the reply Benn,

I managed to get it sorted out, I found some updated drivers and installed them while the TV was hooked up (and the PC was otherwise headless). The drivers installed and the TV image stopped rolling.
. . . the game is rigged

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 07:55:33 pm »

That's another good idea.  Like I said, whenever I hookup less than common displays--like TVs via less than optimal connections--I seem to always have strange issues until I change the settings around, etc...and getting new drives helps as well.  If nothing else, it may just force Windows to rethink about the display so it could have just assigned more valid display settings to the TV set.
Pages: [1]   Go Up