INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glissando 0.5.1a released  (Read 1434 times)

zigguratt

• World Citizen
Glissando 0.5.1a released
« on: August 22, 2002, 05:03:53 am »

This is to announce release 0.5.1a of Glissando. This release fixes a couple of bugs and improves useability slightly. This is in preparation for the impending 1.0 beta release.

Changes in version 0.5.1a:

* Media Browser now remembers previous position in lists.
* Scroll bug in Playing now has been fixed.
* Shuffle now works as it does in Media Jukebox.
* The "e" key (erase) now clears the current playlist.

You can download the new version here.
The latest version of Glissando can be had here.

sekim

RE:Glissando 0.5.1a released
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 05:17:25 pm »

zigguratt,

Finally got around to downloading this and trying it out. Seems that the 'Connecting to MJ' will not connect. Have both as local host right now. Something I'm missing?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 06:19:44 pm »

Mike,
Check the instructions carefully.  You have to edit a setup file.  I've forgotten what it's called.  It sets the port and some other stuff.  

Also make sure you're using the right webremote and that it's started.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 03:48:45 am »

Also, don't forget that Glissando doesn't connect to MJ's Media Server: it uses the Web Remote plugin. I've provided a special version for Glissando that replaces the one you download from JRiver's site. As Jim said, please read install.txt carefully. Almost all problems people have had installing Glissando were due to not reading the docs carefully, if at all.

Thanks!

carputer

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 08:47:14 am »

Is there a trick to making Glissandro to play a "playlist"
I have added a view scheme in media LIbrary that lists all playlists but it only brings up the contents

Also any idea of videos

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2002, 03:15:07 pm »

Back from Chicago, and I am happy to be home.  Yes, it is only 4 days, but when you do it every week, it makes you appreciate being home!

I have had a chance to test the scenario from the previous version.  I decided to post here, since I tested under the new version.  Same reaction to my test.  I will lay out the steps, and see if someone can reproduce my results.

I started up MJ, and minimized it.  
No songs in Playing now.
I started up Glissando.exe using a shortcut that I placed in the quick tray.
I clicked on the browse button, searched for an entire album, and added it to playing now.
I closed the browse window.
I clicked on play.
I then double clicked on the last song in the playing now window.
I let that song complete.  It remained highlighted.
I SINGLE clicked on the first song.  
I hit the delete key.
That left no song highlighted as if it was the current song playing.  The last song in the list was grey, as if it was highlighted, but not orange like it was the current song playing.
I hit the delete key again, it gave me the Runtime error again.

I get the same reaction with MJ, it shuts down, and you have to start it up again.

Again, using this on local host.  The following is my system info in case this makes a difference.  Anyone with ideas please shout them out!

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.348
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 366 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 120 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Sorry for the length.

Drew

sekim

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2002, 03:32:52 pm »

The webremote must be running at the same time? This I did not do. I'll check that and see. I did actually read it, just haven't played with it enough to get it to work for me. I assumed that the webremote plug-in that came with this would take matters into its own. Again, I'll try and see. Thanks.

Mike

Mike Noe

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2002, 05:33:49 am »

I notice in the "wishes", there is one for CE/PPC version.  What are the chances for this in the beta?

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 04:40:00 am »

carputer:

I'm not sure about that one. I'm not an expert MJ user and haven't tried adding playlists to a view scheme. I'll try it out and let you know.

Drew:

Thanks for the details. That cleared it up perfectly. From your description I've found the problem and fixed it. The fix will be available in 0.5.2a. Until then don't delete without selecting a track first! :)

MachineHead:

Yes, you need to properly install the Web Remote plugin from JRiver's site for Glissando to work properly; the install adds some necessary registry entries. That is definitely in the documentation. Once you do that drop the DLL I provided with Glissando into your MJ Plugins directory and all should be well.

Mike:

I answered this question recently on AVS Forum:

No ETA at all on a PPC version, unfortunately. I need to get 1.0 out of the way before anything else. Then Glissando optimizations for people with less powerful devices and immense playlists. Then work on Intermezzo for a more consistent server-side architecture. Then possibly a CE/PPC/webpad version. Sorry it's so far down on the list but the other items are more essential to my future plans. Don't worry though, there will be a version that runs on smaller devices and Linux. As I've discussed before this may be at the sacrifice of cover art display due to restrictions in earlier versions of the Flash Player.
I hope this covers it for you. If not, please let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up