INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11 & Windows Home Server: can't save tag changes  (Read 1587 times)

jeroen020

• Recent member
MC 11 & Windows Home Server: can't save tag changes
« on: June 25, 2007, 05:29:05 pm »

Hi - I'm running an MC 11 library on my HTPC which connects to the mp3 files as stored on my Windows Home Server RC1. The music files are in \\whs\music and WHS is based on Windows Server 2003.

What I CAN do:
- Rip a CD on my HTPC and store the file the ripped mp3's in the default directory (\\whs\music\ripped cd)
- Rename, delete, copy and move files on WHS from my HTPC

What I CAN'T do:
- Store any tag changes (rating etc). In fact, when doing a second change, it piles on top of the previous one, and the changes keep piling up but none are executed
- Rename files from properties (the library is updated, but the files don't move an inch)

It seems that the files are locked, but as I can change/edit files in the file explorer, it doesn't seem to be a generic problem for any client pc to the server. Also I tried running 'unlocker' from the client HTPC and none of the files are reported to be locked.

Any thoughts?

wilfredjg

• World Citizen
Re: MC 11 & Windows Home Server: can't save tag changes
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 07:03:41 pm »

Move up to MC 12. I'm running 12 on my Window Home server RC 1. MC 12 read and write to my directory \\SERVER\Music. No problems on ver 12.0.267. Try MC 12 I think you will like it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up