INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install Key  (Read 827 times)

Maik

Install Key
« on: August 21, 2002, 05:25:35 pm »

I bought Media Jukebox recently.  I did not realize that the Plus version was not installed.  I used my registration code several times to upgrade and the message was always "registration failed".  I am now down to 2 restores.  I opened MJ after all of that and found out it is now upgraded.  Where is this install key located.  I have no idea why it wasn't upgraded the first time and I don't want this to happen again and then have to purchase MJ again.  Has anyone else had this problem??

gateley

RE:Install Key
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 07:00:11 am »

Where did you get the message "registration failed" (what
steps did you take and where exactly did it fail)?

What version of MJ?

Which browser?

Which flavor of windows?

Thanks,

j

Maik

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 02:41:39 pm »

I got the message "registration failed" after I copied and pasted my registration code in the box on the license restore page.  I kept trying it .... probably 4 times as I am down to 2 restores left.  I stopped, went back to Jukebox, opened it up and apparently it was upgraded to Plus even though it had said that the registration failed online.

I have Plus version 8.9.348

Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.000...the up to date one!

Windows XP Home Edition

My concern is that if something happens to media jukebox, I only have 2 more times to fix it.  When I bought it this month, I installed Jukebox but never really used it.  Yesterday, when I decided to learn and use it, I found out it was the basic version and had not been updated to the plus.  That is when all of this happened.  I did read the directions, but kept getting the message that the "registration failed".  
I don't understand where the restore key is.  Someone in the forum wanted to copy it and install it herself. Maybe when I bought it and downloaded it I never received it.  I have no idea.
Thanks

gateley

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 07:47:00 am »

send me an email (gateley @ jriver.com) with your name and I'll clear your restores. I'll check into it some more too.

Under current terminology (this may change, I'm working on a new faq), the registration code is the long string of letters/numbers, and the install key is a small file that you run on your computer to unlock the plus features. Normally, it is downloaded and run automatically, but you can right-click and save it too.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up