INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 1137 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Is this possible?
« on: July 02, 2007, 01:58:11 pm »

Is there a way to disable the All item under certain view scheme setups?  I am creating a search list scheme but have some confusions.

I basically want an easy way to break down content at the top level:
DVD Comedy
DVD Movies
DVD Music
DVD Television
Television Pieces
Podcasts -> more breakdown

If I create two search lists under one view scheme and select something other than Podcasts, I still have to go through the Podcasts search list even though none of them would have any entries since "DVD Movies" wouldn't be present in the filename path for a podcast file.  I would always have to use All.

I just want a very clean and simplified way to access my video content.  Any other ideas or suggestions?  I haven't found a method I like yet.

Using playlists is very tempting because I could create lots of folders and smartlists that would do what I want but then I have to deal with the Podcasts top-level choice instead of the more logical Video entry.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 02:29:45 pm »

Is there a way to disable the All item under certain view scheme setups?
Why ?

benn600

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 04:03:16 pm »

Because if I create a list of searches and select All, it appears to show all the media instead of just all the media from the list of searches combined, if I'm not mistaken.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 04:46:41 pm »

Not aware of a way to get rid of "All" in a view scheme.

Many times i have wanted to do just this, have it so the top of the list was a quick search and then the view scheme appears much faster. Instead of plowing through all in the group and then displaying the result, display speed has improved considerably in v12 tho

The only way i can think of is to have as many viewschemes as there are items in your list and sticking the lot in favourites, then you can pick specifically which one you want. Tho i just set a playlist group as the first pane instead and use it as is.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 05:26:05 pm »

It is very easy to remove "All" and have a view scheme for just Comedy. When setting up the view scheme do the following:

Step One:  Create View Items -  Select "Empty" (This is what removes "All" from showing)
Step Two:  Name Scheme - Enter "Comedy"
Step Three:  Modify Properties - I use Image:Video and Tree position:Automatic with the other boxes selected
Step Four:  Pick Files to Show - "Sort: Name" and "Genre: Comedy"

Edit:  I just saw that you wanted a search list scheme. I don't think you can get rid of the "All" with a search list scheme. However, you can create a view for Comedy, Action, etc. as I showed above. Used tabbed split views and have a tab for Comedy, a tab for Action, etc.

benn600

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 05:31:31 pm »

I'll try that.  Another problem I have is that under video, you have to go to the views button to see everything.  Why can't there be a way to just start with a list of view schemes?  I feel like it should be that way under all the big 3 items...pick your view scheme first without defaulting to no view scheme -- yuck!  That could be at the bottom of the view scheme list: No View Scheme (All Media)
Pages: [1]   Go Up