INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems upgrading from MJ 8  (Read 1527 times)

manfredh

Problems upgrading from MJ 8
« on: March 25, 2007, 04:18:00 am »

I have problems upgrading from MediaJukebox 8.

I start the purchace-process from within MC 12 by chosing "purchase" in the help-menu.
After entering my data i read:

------------------------------------------------
Please confirm the product and price are correct
Media Center 12
JRiver, Inc.
$39.98
------------------------------------------------

I stopped the process, for this is not the upgrade-price.

MediaJukebox 8 is properly installed. Help - registration info shows:

Product:   MEDIA JUKEBOX PLUS 8.0.400
Registered To:   Media Jukebox version 7 user

I tried the upgrade at about 11'o clock AM GMT+1 (Berlin).

Please help me to arrive in an upgrade for $19.98.

regards
Manfred

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems upgrading from MJ 8
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 07:24:38 am »

It needs to be a registered version of MJ8, using an MJ8 license.  In your case, it looks like you have an MJ7 license.  I'm sorry, but there is no upgrade price from MJ7 or earlier.

klockk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:55:04 am »

I have the same problem, and I only clicked the download button because I WAS indeed prompted to upgrade at the upgrade price.. Now I find out that was not valid and my mj8 no longer works after the mc12 update installed itself..?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 11:08:54 am »

I have the same problem, and I only clicked the download button because I WAS indeed prompted to upgrade at the upgrade price.. Now I find out that was not valid and my mj8 no longer works after the mc12 update installed itself..?

MJ8 should still work, but you can uninstall MC12 and re-install MJ8 if you need to.

klockk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 04:53:53 am »

MJ8 shouldn't be prompting me to upgrade for $19.98 if I really can't! And until I upgrade, it's gonna keep prompting me that an upgrade is available to MC12 for the upgrade price, when it's really NOT available to me?  :P

Blancas

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 09:57:59 pm »

Thank you JRiver

I have also just wasted hours installing MC12 then uninstalling it then reinstalling and relicensing MJ8 after realising that the upgrade price from MJ8 is not available to me either. Why do you put out this misinformation without warning people. You're not going to get many MC12 takers treating your existing customers like this. As far as I can see MC12 is not much of an improvement from MJ8 for Audio and the Video side is handled much better my Free software such as PIcasa.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 11:07:40 pm »

Blancas, I checked and see no purchase attempts from you (I went back to) for MC12, either upgrade or otherwise. When did you try?
I did find a restore for you on July 2nd for MJ8.

There is an upgrade price for MJ8. If you'd like to work it out, let me know.

j

Blancas

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 09:26:16 pm »

I originally downloaded MC12 from your site after receiving your promotional email. At this time I was running a
registered MJ8. After installing MC12 the upgrade/purchase dialogue would only show $39.98 so I did not proceed with the purchase, which is why you have no record of my purchase attempt

I then uninstalled MC12 and then had to reinstall and also restore my license for MJ8. After MJ8 was
running again I hit the Upgrade button from within MJ8.
This time the installed MC12 gave me the $19.98 upgrade option, I don't know whether this was due to the MJ8 restore
or downloadinng from within MJ8. But I really would appreciate it if you guys could could work the bugs out of the upgrade procedure before sending out promotional emails which waste everyones time

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 10:07:59 pm »

I don't know what to tell you - you got the upgrade price ($19.98) but didn't purchase it.

You cannot get an upgrade price unless the upgrading-from program is correctly installed, and for whatever reason, MJ 8 wasn't correctly installed.
Once you did the restore, that fixed it.

j

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 09:29:43 pm »

I originally downloaded MC12 from your site after receiving your promotional email. At this time I was running a
registered MJ8. After installing MC12 the upgrade/purchase dialogue would only show $39.98 so I did not proceed with the purchase, which is why you have no record of my purchase attempt

I then uninstalled MC12 and then had to reinstall and also restore my license for MJ8. After MJ8 was
running again I hit the Upgrade button from within MJ8.
This time the installed MC12 gave me the $19.98 upgrade option, I don't know whether this was due to the MJ8 restore
or downloadinng from within MJ8. But I really would appreciate it if you guys could could work the bugs out of the upgrade procedure before sending out promotional emails which waste everyones time
You may have an MJ7 license.  MJ8 will work with it, but there is no upgrade from MJ7.
Pages: [1]   Go Up