INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCC Core Command MCC_KEYSTROKE -- F11 button, view focus  (Read 2078 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
MCC Core Command MCC_KEYSTROKE -- F11 button, view focus
« on: July 08, 2007, 07:30:14 pm »

For the command

27000    MCC_KEYSTROKE     int nKeyCode

(1) What's the keycode for f11; arrow up,down,left,right ...

Is it an extended ascii keycode? But that's two chars: where the first is 0x00, and the second is the keycode?

(2) It seems as if mc must be in focus for these commands to work.

I would like to operate MC via Girder without relying on direct keystrokes. Then I'd be able to use mc without it being in focus! But, it seems as if MC must be in focus for the keycodes to work.

Is there a way around this?

raldo

Re: MCC Core Command MCC_KEYSTROKE -- F11 button, view focus
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 06:56:36 pm »

Bump.......

Marquis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 04:49:10 am »

Hi,

there is a Girder gml-file from Glynor available that uses no keyboard emulation but windows messages instead. You don't need focus for that. Don't have the link available but with the search function you should find it quickly.

Also you can use my MC12Com module (available http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16856 here) that offers an eventdriven and lua-code interface to MC12 and also support for NetRemote.

BR/Marc

schmoose

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 06:47:54 pm »

the GML file by glynor is great, but it does not help with keystroke navigation.

MC Theater View relies on keystroke navigation. but, MC has to be in focus for the keystrokes to be received. we need a way to communicate directly with MC to send the correct navigation commands, even if MC is not in focus.

without being able to do this, using a remote is frustrating. i've trade numerous workarounds using girder, but have been unsuccessful to get this to work. sending applications keystrokes can be tricky as you need to send them to the child class rather than to the parent.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 07:12:15 pm »

Why do you need to navigate Theater View with it not in focus?

On my remote, I prefer to have the arrow keys always do the arrow keypress to whichever application is in front.  I assume this isn't what you want, but I'm at a loss as to why.  Not sure that there will be an easy work-around for such a non-standard request.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

schmoose

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 03:16:06 am »

in my case, i have a dual monitor setup.

MC usually fills the whole screen on one monitor while I work/browse the net, etc. on the other.

what i'd like is to be able to work on one monitor and use the remote to control an unfocused MC on the other.

however, I believe i have found a work around using Girder that will initiate a macro when MC is not in focus. if you want to send a keystroke to an unfocused MC, girder will first bring MC to focus and then send the keystroke to the foreground window. if MC is already in focus, Girder will only send a keystroke. if you only want to send one of MC's core commands, Girder will just send a single send message command to MC.

while this sounds simple enough, getting there actually involved quite a bit of trial and error. the difficulty was mostly due to the fact that sending keystrokes to the main "Media Center.exe" window did not work. instead, i needed to send keystrokes to each and every Media Center child class and menu class, depending on which was in focus. in the end, a combo of macros, conditionals and sending keystrokes to the foreground window seemed to do the trick.

anyway, while not a perfect solution, i think i've got it working, but am still doing some tweaking before i post the GML file (hopefully this weekend).
Pages: [1]   Go Up