INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 different sorting methods???  (Read 923 times)

finallygreen

• Recent member
2 different sorting methods???
« on: July 09, 2007, 08:23:49 am »

Hello,

I've recently upgraded to MC12 from MC11.....in MC11, I was able to set things up so that when, starting from the Artist/Album view, if if selected an artist, I would see all songs by that artist in ALPHABETICAL order in the bottom pane...but if I selected an album, I would see the songs from that album presented in their proper sequence (sorted by track number instead of alphabetical).  Now I'm guessing I stumbled on some kind of 'secret trick' to do this when I had MC11, because when I try to set it up that way in MC12, it doesn't work.  If I click the song title header or the track number header, MC12 then sorts EVERYTHING that way, regardless of whether I pick an artist or an album to view.

Can anyone help me with this??

JONCAT

Re: 2 different sorting methods???
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 10:35:53 pm »

With Tiles view:

If I drill down to Album level, I get tracks in the right order a they appear on the album.

If I choose an Artist by means of hovering over the Tile and choosing Files, I then see the list of their files in Alphabetical order.

With Pane view, you're right. Whether Filter In Both Directions is activated or not, the track sorting ignores the fact that an album is selected.

It seems that Pane views has it's own sorting (obeys strictly the header click) whereas Tiles are "smarter".

DC

finallygreen

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 02:45:07 pm »

With Tiles view:

If I drill down to Album level, I get tracks in the right order a they appear on the album.

If I choose an Artist by means of hovering over the Tile and choosing Files, I then see the list of their files in Alphabetical order.

With Pane view, you're right. Whether Filter In Both Directions is activated or not, the track sorting ignores the fact that an album is selected.

It seems that Pane views has it's own sorting (obeys strictly the header click) whereas Tiles are "smarter".

DC

Right...so I guess that's what's puzzling me most......Every version I've ever used in the past was set up with these Pane views, and yet I was able to sort 2 different ways as detailed above.

Can someone perhaps explain why this feature was removed....or has the person with the secret trick just not spoken up yet??

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:33:31 pm »

Right...so I guess that's what's puzzling me most......Every version I've ever used in the past was set up with these Pane views, and yet I was able to sort 2 different ways as detailed above.

Can someone perhaps explain why this feature was removed....or has the person with the secret trick just not spoken up yet??

In Panes mode the header ordering  ignores the Album selection you make in Panes mode.

In Tile mode, you should be able to select File for an artist and click the header to Name. Now go back and choose Album instead of File. This is just to clarify that even though the header click states Name (1) the Album Tile mode will order the tracks sequentially.

What you want doesn't seem possible in MC12; you'll have to manually do if for now.

Seems like matching the auto ordering of tracks done in Tiles mode when Album is selected wouldn't hurt for Panes mode if you select only one album.

DC

Pages: [1]   Go Up