INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Location of album art for 11 to 12 upgrade  (Read 673 times)

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
Location of album art for 11 to 12 upgrade
« on: July 09, 2007, 11:46:14 am »

I want to upgrade from 11 to 12.  However, before I do so, what are my options with the location of my Album Art files? 

Right now the picture horde is under the default location of \Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data\Cover Art.  Is there any way I can move the folder to another drive, and have Media Center 12 find them?  My big fear is losing the associations within Media Center of my song files to their artwork.  (I would prefer not to add art within each and every music file)  However, I would ideally like to get them all off of my C: Drive and on to another one.

Cheers, and yay for Media Center.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Location of album art for 11 to 12 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 12:16:59 pm »

perhaps it was different between 11 and 11.1, I don't remember, but the default location for coverart with 11.1 was \documents and settings\[user]\application data\J River\Media Center 11\Cover Art

It is essential that the art files follow the [artist] - [album].jpg naming template otherwise what follows will not work.

Move your coverart folder to wherever you would like it then gather your art files together in that directory.
upgrade.
Open MC's options > File location > cover art. Choose "in a specified folder", specify which folder, deselect the save inside file option. Press OK.
Select all tracks.
In the action window, open the tag window, click on the thumbnail stack to open the image window. right click on the image window and select 'remove coverart'
The image window should now say "No Image". Right click in the window and choose "Quick find in file/cover art directory" and MC will go through your cover art directory reconnecting the tracks with the art.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up