INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding/Editing Info in a Custom Scheme/View  (Read 1032 times)

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
Adding/Editing Info in a Custom Scheme/View
« on: July 09, 2007, 12:44:10 pm »

The mp3 files are organized on the HD in Artist - Album - Track - Name format.

I have set up MC12 scheme (?) to show the Artist Pane at the upper left, the Album pane at the upper right, and a list of the songs and details below.

In that view I can easily spot tracks that are missing from an album, and when I do, I would like to add a record to the list that acts as a placeholder for that missing track. However, I cannot discover how to do that in the view I just described.

It would be nice if I could simply select a row and copy it, then paste a duplicate row below that I could then edit.

(1) Is there a way to do this?

If I have to exit that view to add the record,

(2) Where do I go to edit that (those) record(s)?

(3) Is there an easy way to return to my special view when I'm done editing?
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Adding/Editing Info in a Custom Scheme/View
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 08:07:11 pm »

Sorry, but database entries need to point to real files.

An exception is CUE files that point to a range inside a bigger file, but I don't think that helps here.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 10:26:56 pm »

Seems like you need some small sized file to act as a placeholder.

I usually use something in parentheses after the album e.g. Love & Theft (incomplete) or (missing tracks). You can put Missing Tracks - Love & Theft so you can order the incomplete albums. MC even has some fields which regard Incomplete etc.; not sure how accurate they are though or how they work (i.e. Complete Album).

If you're dead set on the virtual placeholder.....

If you have Audio Only filter you'll need an actual audio file; one you can rename as Artist - Album - Track - Name = "Name - Missing Track". Otherwise maybe you could use a text file named accordingly.

You're browsing in Pane mode? You see a missing track from an album. Choose on of the files on the album and Locate>On Disk External. Copy your custom track missing mp3 or the like over to the folder as many times as needed. Use MC to tag it with the real name but add the hyphen and "missing track".

Probably many better ways to achieve this. It's been a long day, my boy has another ear infection, and I'm tired.

DC

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 05:12:18 pm »

Seems like you need some small sized file to act as a placeholder.

I usually use something in parentheses after the album e.g. Love & Theft (incomplete) or (missing tracks).
DC

Using a dummy file would result in the dummy file being part of the burned CD, so I don't want to do that. But marking the album name somehow - that's a great suggestion. I'll just mark all incomplete albums by typing (inc) at the end of the filename. Thanks for the idea!

Any ideas about the 3 questions in my original post?
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1
Pages: [1]   Go Up