INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.278  (Read 3521 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.278
« on: July 08, 2007, 09:04:50 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120278.exe

12.0.278 (7/06/07)

1. Changed: Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering are optional (off by default) in Theater View. (Options > Theater View > Advanced)
2. Changed: Right-click menu in Display View has a command to exit to standard view. (previously if coming from Theater View, this was not possible)
3. Fixed: DSP Studio still wasn't opening unless a file was playing.
4. Changed: The play button / space bar no longer do anything in Theater View when a file list isn't focused.

12.0.277 (7/05/07)

1. Changed: when both CD Text and a CDPlayer.ini entry exist for a CD, the meta data is taken from CDPlayer.ini
2. Fixed: In Podcasts, getting a content URL was too agressive when the enclosure url was invalid.
3. Fixed: Audio Conversion is now ignored for images and video in Library Server.
4. Fixed: Certain MP3 streams (or playlists) did not play correctly due to problems handling ICY metadata.
5. Optimized: Improved Theater View drawing pipeline to improve performance substantially in many cases.
6. Changed: Revised how Theater View projects and places pieces on the screen. (internal change -- please report any alignment issues)

Not released.

12.0.275 (7/03/07)

1. Changed: Logging for podcasts.
2. Fixed: FTP helper error with files divisible by 256.
3. Fixed: DSP Studio wasn't opening unless a file was playing.

12.0.274 (7/02/07)

1. Changed: Log files will contain the exact point and thread of a crash to aid debugging.
2. Fixed: In certain cases, a thread that exited very quickly could cause a crash.
3. NEW: Added function to IMJAutomation: GetLibrary, returns library name and path
4. Fixed: Library Server now asks Media Center which library to share instead of querying the registry (which could be incorrect if there are multiple instances of MC).
5. Fixed: When merging a library that contained smartlists that pointed to playlists by ID, the smartlists would be broken.
6. Fixed: Library Sync could leave partial files on cancel when converting.
7. Changed: Theater View uses FSAA and anisotropic filtering when possible.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Media Center 12.0.278
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 10:49:37 pm »

When the installer runs, I never associate any files with Media Center and it remembers this.  Unfortunately, the associate with audio CDs checkbox at the bottom doesn't seem to remember.  So I always have to uncheck this.  Should it be remembering?  I like VLC associated with everything and I use MC myself to play content.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 12:44:36 am »

Select all files then Right Click -> Cover Art -> Quick Find In File/ Cover Art Directory only finds about 40% of my cover art, even though the folder.jpg files exist in all of my directories. This is how I have Tools -> Options -> File Location -> Cover Art configured: In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg). The folder.jpg files have no special attributes. All are clear save for a flipped archive bit, exactly the same as the ones MC does find.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 04:21:59 am »

When the installer runs, I never associate any files with Media Center and it remembers this.  Unfortunately, the associate with audio CDs checkbox at the bottom doesn't seem to remember.  So I always have to uncheck this.  Should it be remembering?  I like VLC associated with everything and I use MC myself to play content.

The installer doesn't remember that "Associate with audio CDs" was unticked on previous install.

It would be about time to fix this. I have clicked the tickbox several hundred times by now (on more than one PC).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 04:34:16 am »

7. Changed: Theater View uses FSAA and anisotropic filtering when possible.

I'm really very impressed.  ?
Can you please explain that to me?
Is that kind of filtering dangerous or can i use TV like before?  ;)
Uwe

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 10:05:03 am »

Theater View: Rows still get misaligned when scrolling down (Tiles overlap row above).

DC

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 10:09:03 am »

dpippel, I know the problem

BUG FOUND

When you have two MC libraries open simultaneously, thumbnails get corrupted.  It will start finding exactly what you said, 40% of the thumbnails.  You'll need to clear your thumbnails files (Documents and Settings) and then don't open different libraries at the same time.

Perhaps when a second copy of MC is opened on the same computer it should IMMEDIATELY give you the option to choose a different library.  It's not like I'd want the same library open twice (usually).

It would be about time to fix this. I have clicked the tickbox several hundred times by now (on more than one PC).

Me too.

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 10:10:30 am »

Quick Find In File/ Cover Art Directory only finds about 40% of my cover art

Don't know if this has anything to do with your problem but I find that whenever MC can't find cover art that's there, a quick click on Remove Cover Art (even though no art is showing) will allow it to.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 10:09:09 pm »

This is really minor, but it bugs me...

When switching between items in a lineup view in Theater View the text of the previously selected item and newly selected item stretch vertically and then snap back during the change.  It looks like a silly fun-house mirror effect in my opinion and draws unneeded attention away from what you're trying to look for.

-John

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 10:32:31 pm »

Theater View Lineup Glitches:

1) Sometimes selecting the second-from-the-last item will cause it to appear behind the last item's cover art:

2) Sometimes the cover art are not all right-aligned to the same location/not exactly the same size:

NOTE: Due to Pix01 scaling down the pictures you can't really see the problem.  On my 55" SXRD TV running at 1840x1040 (to reduce overscan) it's readily apparent that the the last item's cover art do not line up with the rest.  All these videos are 720x480, so it can't be that the cover art is different sizes and it's a scaling roundoff error.

Edit:
While writing this I was also hit by the dreaded Theater View slowdown problem others have reported.  Processor usage skyrocketed to 80%+ doing nothing and the interface was almost totally unresponsive.  I exited Theater View and now MC refuses to open Theater View with the following error message:
Error starting Direct3D engine
(error creating Direct3D device (0x8876017C))

-John

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 05:12:18 am »

minor bug(?)

in theater view lineup mode - if move selection by hw buttons - all ok, if move with scrollbar - selection not moved (unusable with touchscreen)

Cedric D

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 11:46:23 am »

Ratingbug: saves 1 star with |50|0; 2 stars with |101|0; 3 stars with |152|0; 4 stars |203|0 and 5 stars |254|0
The other programs i know use |51|0; 2 stars with |102|0; 3 stars with |153|0; 4 stars |204|0 and 5 stars |255|0
A lot of dj use Traktor Final Scratch (one of two mostused djsoftwares) and MC is fully compatible with it, if the rating would be changed.
So a lot of them will buy it, like me - if its changed.
Maybe a checkbox in rating-tab with "+1" for example.

Tangoman

• World Citizen
  • You are nothing that you are conscious of.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 12:28:49 pm »

Hi MC Team

I can't get to theatre view I get a black screen with a message "error starting Direct3D engine (error creating Direct3D Device (0x8876017c))

I notice that MC's system logger reports my CPu as 611 but the system info reports it correctly 1.7Ghz
Thanks
Tangodude

UPDATE   **Restarting my Laptop seems to have fixed this issue but the error message comes up now and again not a big deal for me now**

Media Center Registered 12.0.278 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium M 611 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1383 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive Y: _NEC    DVD+-RW ND-6650A  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive Y: _NEC     DVD+-RW ND-6650A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Interface Plugins:
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left. - Anon

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 02:22:08 pm »

Ratingbug: saves 1 star with |50|0; 2 stars with |101|0; 3 stars with |152|0; 4 stars |203|0 and 5 stars |254|0
The other programs i know use |51|0; 2 stars with |102|0; 3 stars with |153|0; 4 stars |204|0 and 5 stars |255|0
A lot of dj use Traktor Final Scratch (one of two mostused djsoftwares) and MC is fully compatible with it, if the rating would be changed.
So a lot of them will buy it, like me - if its changed.
Maybe a checkbox in rating-tab with "+1" for example.

We'll try using the +1 version in the next build.  I don't believe it's too tightly spec'd as to what is best.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 07:11:45 pm »

dpippel, I know the problem

BUG FOUND

When you have two MC libraries open simultaneously, thumbnails get corrupted.  It will start finding exactly what you said, 40% of the thumbnails.  You'll need to clear your thumbnails files (Documents and Settings) and then don't open different libraries at the same time.

Perhaps when a second copy of MC is opened on the same computer it should IMMEDIATELY give you the option to choose a different library.  It's not like I'd want the same library open twice (usually).
Thanks for the background info, but I never have more than one copy of MC open at one time, and therefore no chance that two different libraries are open simultaneously.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 07:27:42 pm »

Don't know if this has anything to do with your problem but I find that whenever MC can't find cover art that's there, a quick click on Remove Cover Art (even though no art is showing) will allow it to.
This fixed the immediate problem, thanks! Now hopefully the team will find and squash the bug.

Fredi

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 01:45:20 am »

The MC12 since last version dosn't work with Cinergy Hybrid T USB XS USB 2.0 TV-Adapter. I have very fine picture but no sound, utmost back coupling!
I have tested a lot of settings, but nothing work. In the meantime I have reinsalled MC12 3 or 5 times ago but without an positive result. My Computer is a Dell Latitude D520.
With MC10 it work very fine, only the picture was not so good as with MC12. Have anyone a experience wih Cynergy Hybrid T USB adapter?

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 02:50:34 am »

I have 2 MC pc's sharing the same database,

so the first started is read/write and the second is read/only (p.s. some indicator on the screen if jrmc is read-only would be nice)

I can't play podcasts on the read-only pc.
I just see 'waiting to load http://.....xml'

it works fine on the read/write pc....

Marcel
Pages: [1]   Go Up