INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AutoRip not working on Vista? (SOLVED)  (Read 1428 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
AutoRip not working on Vista? (SOLVED)
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:54:50 am »

Is AutoRip broken on Vista machines? (seems like a there are a number of Vista-specific functionality issues popping up)

I am a LONGTIME user of MC (but pretty infrequent forum poster).  I've taken on a project to get my father's CD collection digitized for him, so I've just started using the AutoRip feature in earnest for the first time since switching over to Vista.  For efficiency, I have two machines next to each other both with identical rip settings (I'll merge the tracks to one collection later).  One machine is XP Pro and the other Vista Biz. 

The XP machine AutoRips like a champ – put CD in, starts ripping, ejects CD, insert next CD, rinse repeat indefinitely.  The Vista machine, however, only starts the AutoRip the first CD.  After that, upon inserting a new CD I have to close the Rip Progress before it will read the new CD and get the track info.  Then, I have to click Rip Disc from the Action Window (Rip isn’t even available above the track listing) and then press Rip on the Rip Disc dialog.  That's an awful lot of steps to have to take for AutoRip mode.  BTW- I also have Rip selected under the AutoPlay settings for both machines, though I did try changing those settings to see if anything was affected.

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: AutoRip not working on Vista?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 01:08:06 pm »

This works fine for me.  I'm not even sure what triage questions to ask...

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Re: AutoRip not working on Vista?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 01:47:39 pm »

Well, at least that means it can work under Vista.  It may not even be a Vista-specific problem, however that's the most obvious difference between the two installations of MC12 I'm using.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
SOLVED: AutoRip not working on Vista?
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 05:02:38 pm »

Well, turns out there was one other difference between my two installations of MC12.  I had the MiniLyrics plugin installed on the Vista machine.  When I exited from the plugin, AutoRip started functioning as expected again.  The MiniLyrics plugin was probably attempting to launch a dialog or something in the BG that conflicted with the AutoRip process.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: AutoRip not working on Vista? (SOLVED)
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 07:14:41 pm »

Thanks very much for reporting the solution.

You should get out more.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Re: AutoRip not working on Vista? (SOLVED)
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 08:27:03 pm »

Thanks very much for reporting the solution.

You should get out more.

I was getting a bit pasty ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up