INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic Detatched Full Screen Help  (Read 1206 times)

kevind

• Junior Woodchuck
Automatic Detatched Full Screen Help
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:02:58 am »

Greetings,

This is for a client's house. He wants to play music videos to a few TV's in the house at the same time so I have been exploring the detached screen function. There is a  primary server in a server room with dual monitor.  MC is controlled exclusively via tablets running MusicLobby from Cinemar. As such, no one actually goes down to the server room to start videos and "detach the screen" and I don't want the client down there messing with is anyway.

I need to leave MC detached in full screen all the time and have it automatically detach when MC loads so if the server needs a reboot for any reason the client will still have his music video feature on the TVs.

I've been doing a lot of reading on this lately. Is there some sort of trick to have MC automatically detach to full screen on a second monitor when started? This would eliminate the need to manually detach every time the server requires rebooting or if MC needs to be restarted. The latter I had to do yesterday as MC was hogging 200K plus of memory as if there was a bad leak and had to be shut down and restarted.   It does not sound like MC12 can do this but MC11 could?

This is really critical for this client.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Automatic Detatched Full Screen Help
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:45:15 pm »

You can detach the display by issuing an MCC_DETACH_DISPLAY command.

MC12.exe /MCC 10037,1

You can target a zone by packaging it into the command. (look in the dev zone for details on this)

Currently, display settings for which monitor to use are not zone specific.  However, we will change this for the next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 11:45:44 pm »

I use girder to detach the display, I wish there was an option for MC to 'remember' its last detached status and go back to that on next launch. Maybe a "display is always detached" option.

kevind

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 12:25:35 am »

Core commands works! Running from a bat file successfully launches on second monitor out. Excellent!

Question. Can core commands preform the same function but change to visualizations? It would be REAL sweet to be able run a couple of bat files to switch to full screen for Music Videos and Visualizations for Music. Now THAT would be really  cool.

Is that what this is for?
MCC_UPDATE_VIS

Pages: [1]   Go Up