INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st Look at TV In MC--I Love It!!!  (Read 1566 times)

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
1st Look at TV In MC--I Love It!!!
« on: July 13, 2007, 02:35:11 pm »

So, although my hardware seems to be throwing up install issues with my TV card, I just wanted to report my first impression of MC TV: Highly functional and amazingly easy to use! 

--All the buttons are where you would want them.  When I tried to use the WinTV 2000 app that came with the card, it was a struggle to figure out how to rescan channels, nevermind trying to save off a channel set. 

--Channel scanning is VERY fast.  Particularly compared to the manufacturer's own app.  i would say 4x the speed.

Okay, so since I never really got involved in MC TV development, due to ongoing attention span issues, putative time constraints, etc etc etc, how about a few newbie questions?

--Can I save off channel sets?  This would be a huge benefit.  Location-based TV, a channel set for home, another for, er, work.  Also, how do zones play into this?

Alright, that's all the energy my fingers can muster for typing.  Bottom line, I love MC TV, although my stupid audio config seems to be fighting it.  We'll see who wins this one!!!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: 1st Look at TV In MC--I Love It!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 03:00:23 pm »

There is no build-in functionality for saving channels. You have to use registry backup to achieve it. Two registry keys are involved:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\TV Settings\TV Channels
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\TV Settings\Digital Channels
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jgreen

Re: 1st Look at TV In MC--I Love It!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 04:28:40 pm »

Well, then, let me rephrase my question in the form of an Official Feature Request (OFR).  Wouldn't it be cool if we could save off a scan set, much like a playlist, which we could call up at will.  You might have cable, sat, vacation home, etc, all with their own discrete channel sets.  I say, go for it!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up