INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using MC12 to Move MP3 Files from One Location to Another  (Read 1098 times)

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
Using MC12 to Move MP3 Files from One Location to Another
« on: July 21, 2007, 12:05:42 am »

I have about 50 mp3 files stored in d: where I use MC12 to listen to them and if I like them, edit the tags to my requirements. After that, I would like to move them to various folders in e: using MC. In general terms, how would I go about doing this?

Edited: Looks like that functionality is Rename from Tag, and if I understand correctly, MC will create any folders as necessary. But how to get the files from d: to e:??
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.4412
* Firefox 126; Thunderbird 116

RobbieG

• Recent member
Re: Using MC12 to Move MP3 Files from One Location to Another
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 01:11:52 am »

In the Library, you could select the files you want to move, right click on them, go to Library Tools, and then click Rename Files From Properties.  Then check the Directories checkbox, and make the base path something like e:\music.  You can leave the rule field blank if you want to move the files directly to that folder, and you can uncheck the filename checkbox if you don't want to change the filename.

Hope this helps.

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 05:52:41 am »

why not use MC's internal explorer and drag & drop the files you want to move  :)
MT5FR

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 12:05:42 pm »

why not use MC's internal explorer and drag & drop the files you want to move  :)

I give up - why not!!  ;)

'Cause I didn't know I could, and if I did know, I wouldn't be sure if that would "break links". So I did it using Rename files from properties...

Then I read your reply. Drag 'n' drop certainly is a lot quicker, I'll do it that way in the future. It's hard to believe one little program can do so much.

If I drag and drop, is there a way to have MC12 automatically create folders if they don't already exist?

Thanks again!
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.4412
* Firefox 126; Thunderbird 116

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 07:41:52 am »

And while you're pondering that request about creating new folders, there is another question that was never answered:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41641.0
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up