INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to show up the tags from mp3gain?  (Read 1452 times)

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
Is it possible to show up the tags from mp3gain?
« on: July 24, 2007, 05:18:01 am »

..to see if I need to analyse the file or not again.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Is it possible to show up the tags from mp3gain?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 11:08:37 am »

Do you specifically mean tags created by the "Mp3gain" program? Mp3gain saves its tags in APE format. MC does not support this replay gain tag format.

MC stores replay gain info in a proprietary format if tag writing is allowed, but the physical file tags are not a necessity because MC uses database info in its replay gain system. You need to analyze all files with MC if you want to use MC's Volume Leveling options. By default MC's analyzer skips already analyzed files automatically.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:29:27 am »

The gain function of MC is useless for me, cause I play my Files on external Players..so I use mp3gain to level them...and I was just wondering if MC was able to find out by reading the "ape" Tags if a file was analysed or not by mp3gain

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 10:53:54 pm »

I'm surprised your external player recognizes APE tags grafted onto MP3s.

If you like MP3Gain and you always apply the same settings why not remove the APE tags and simply apply the gain to the MP3 itself?

No way to reverse this if you decide to later without the APE tags, but if you like the sound, apply the same level to all music, then there is no reason to think you will one day want to change the gain.

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 10:51:40 am »

No..the external Players don't understand the ape tags ..but the file itself is gained..and what I intended to do with mc is to find out what files in my 100000mp3 lib is not analysed by mp3gain to do it on this special files i found...but if mc has not the ability to recognize gained/ungained files from mp3gain I have to figure another way out to do the job. I was just asing myself if MC would recognize the ape tags so that I could see what file was analysed by mp3gain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up