INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for plugin for ATI Remote Wonder Plus RF Remote  (Read 17976 times)

gminor

• Recent member
Looking for plugin for ATI Remote Wonder Plus RF Remote
« on: July 24, 2007, 09:41:03 pm »

Greetings!  My ATI Remote Wonder Plus RF type remote works for several functions within the Media Console accept for pause and stop while playing a video file.  Does anyone know of a compatible plugin or other solution for this remote that might address this issue?   Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Looking for plugin for ATI Remote Wonder Plus RF Remote
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 08:55:34 am »

There's no specific plugin for MC unfortunately.

For a long while I used the Remote Wonder Key Factory with my RW2.  This plugin allows you to reassign any key on the remote to match any keypress (such as Control-P) you want, as opposed to being able to just reassign the colored buttons.  The big downside is that you can't specify these actions on a per-application basis.  Meaning, you can't have a button do one thing when MC is "in front" and another thing when a different application is "in front".  It's all or nothing.

I've since bought a Snapstream FireFly remote and am using it via Girder.  (Girder also works perfectly well with the ATI remotes.)  I'm very happy with the setup!  It takes a little bit more time to figure Girder out, but Girder4 isn't bad and it works well and easily once you "get it".
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up