INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: add new images and tagging from a remote jrmc client  (Read 874 times)

dandiodati

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
add new images and tagging from a remote jrmc client
« on: July 27, 2007, 02:59:54 am »

If I'm running jrmc on a server (upnp ) is there a way for a jrmc client on another machine to make modifications.
I wanted to be able to import new files or modify tags and have them sync up to the ones on the server.
Currently it seems to let you make changes but nothing get persisted to the server. So on restart
the changes are all lost.

Does jrmc allow for remote changes like this?

?

dandiodati

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: add new images and tagging from a remote jrmc client
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 02:05:42 pm »

No one else tried to edit a library from another jrmc client? It seems confusing since it appears like you can edit tags on a remote library, but none of
your changes are saved, unless you do it on the machine that contains the physical libarary.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: add new images and tagging from a remote jrmc client
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 01:52:27 pm »

I have not tried the server and clients much self. Just don't have the need as I have only one comuper I need for music. I do belive it is read only though.
If I understand the previous discussions correct there are several disadvantages with read permissions in the library if there are more than one client. One example would be to adding changes to the same file from two clients. 
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up