INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More about my poor old Karma (people of JR please read!)  (Read 1648 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
More about my poor old Karma (people of JR please read!)
« on: July 30, 2007, 12:48:47 am »

Hello,
First of all, thanks a lot for fixing things - my Rio Karma is almost OK with JRMC12.
However, one problem still remains.
I came back from vacation and did some additional testing and now I know that the embedded cover art is causing the problem.

Symptom
-- I don't know what's wrong with those covers, but for some reason the files containing them would not play once transferred to Karma. This is only for about 10% of my files.
-- If I transfer those problem files with MC, they get marked as "bad" by Karma and won't play at all. If I transfer them with RIO's software (RMM), they do play, but would stop after a problem file would play and a restart of the player required. If I transfer those files with WMP10, they get converted to WMA and play just fine..

Cause
-- embedded in ip3 tags (bad?) cover art

Problem
-- MC insists on putting the cover art in the tags when creates the handheld cache. If I remove the tags, they magically reappear.

Half-a$$ solution
-- I created a fake handheld on a hard drive and sync my handheld sync playlist to that folder. Then, I remove all the cover art from the tags with Tag&rename and then I use RMM to actually sync with my Karma

Request
-- Please include an option to strip the cover art from the tags upon the handheld syncing.
Many handhelds don't show the covers - why waste the space and create problems (like in my case)

BTW, the option "Enable album artwork support if possible" which is currently in the handheld options is always checked and stays checked no matter what (I am on 12.0.293).

Thanks!
--max

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
I repeat myself when under stress...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 01:05:24 pm »

[bumping]
Would it be possible to include an option to strip the cover art from tags upon the handheld syncing.
Many handhelds don't support the covers - why waste the space and create additional problems (like in my case)

BTW, the option "Enable album artwork support if possible" which is currently in the handheld options is always checked and stays checked no matter what (as of 12.0.293).

Thanks!

--max

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: More about my poor old Karma (people of JR please read!)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:26:06 pm »

I've heard unconfirmed rumors that this is in the works.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 02:15:56 pm »

:) Thanks, Matt!
I will be waiting patiently..

I've heard unconfirmed rumors that this is in the works.

SwellGuy

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 03:53:46 pm »

There will be some additional cover art options in tonights build.

1) When you convert the files during transfer you can specify if you want to leave cover art as is, include it in the tag of the new file or remove it from the tag of the new file.

2) You can specify that the cover art is to be saved in a Folder.jpg file on the device.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 04:37:27 pm »

I'll give it a try as soon as it's out!
Thanks a bunch!

There will be some additional cover art options in tonights build.

1) When you convert the files during transfer you can specify if you want to leave cover art as is, include it in the tag of the new file or remove it from the tag of the new file.

2) You can specify that the cover art is to be saved in a Folder.jpg file on the device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up