INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename from properties / Multi-Disc albums  (Read 1859 times)

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
Rename from properties / Multi-Disc albums
« on: July 30, 2007, 03:58:34 am »

Hi!
I've searched the forum for an answer, but couldn't find anything... If this topic has already been discussed, please forgive me, and post the link to the approriate posts.

Anyway, here's my problem: I have a lot of multi-disc albums in my collection. Until recently, i was using a "Track #"-scheme of "1xx" for the 1st disc, "2xx" for the second, and so on. The downside of this is that MC will not see this album as "complete", because the track #'s aren't continuous. I recently started using the "Disc #" field for some albums, but i'm not quite sure how to handle this correctly, especially with the "rename from properties" function, which i use a lot.

My two main questions for now would be:
- When using the "disc #" field, how should i handle the "Track #" tags? Should i number each disc starting from "1", or should i number all tracks of all discs of an album from "1" to x?
- Is there a way to pad disc/track #'s with zeroes with the "rename from properties" function? Currently, i'm using a "[Genre]\[Artist]\[Album]" rule for directories, and a "[Track #] - [Artist] - [Name]" for files. I'd like to have all tracks of an album in a single folder, so the final path would look something like "<genre>\<artist>\<album>\<disc #>-<track #> - <artist> - <name>". I'd like to have the "disc #" and "track #" parts padded with zeroes, like "001" instead of "1", or "015" instead of "15".

Thanks for any advice...

Edit: I've just noticed that during "rename from properties", MC seems to pad the "Track #" with a single "0" character, if the value is below "9". But i have quite a few albums with more than 100 tracks, so i'd rather have something like "001" instead of "01".

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
Re: Rename from properties / Multi-Disc albums
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 04:17:22 am »

Hi

Should i number each disc starting from "1"

Yes, you must use track numbers from 1 for each disc, then it will show as a complete album.

- Is there a way to pad disc/track #'s with zeroes with the "rename from properties" function? Currently, i'm using a "[Genre]\[Artist]\[Album]" rule for directories, and a "[Track #] - [Artist] - [Name]" for files. I'd like to have all tracks of an album in a single folder, so the final path would look something like "<genre>\<artist>\<album>\<disc #>-<track #> - <artist> - <name>". I'd like to have the "disc #" and "track #" parts padded with zeroes, like "001" instead of "1", or "015" instead of "15".

In "Rename Files from Properties", in the Rules section for directories enter:

[Genre]\[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]

in the rules section for files enter:

PadNumber([Disc #], 3) - PadNumber([Track #], 3) - [Artist] - [Name]

Hope that helps.

Pete

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 07:50:47 am »

Jeff

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 05:50:26 am »

Thanks for the replies, guys! That was exactly what i was looking for, works like a charm.

Is there a way to include a simple "if/then" statement in the "Rename Files from Properties" function? Like, "if 'Disc #'='0' then <don't_add_disc_#>"? Otherwise, i'll have to live with file names like "Unknown Disc#...", or i have to tag all albums with a Disc #, even the one-disc-ones...

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 06:47:12 am »

There's a whole lot of flexibility - take a look at this post for a good example.

221bBS

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 07:16:51 am »

Try

(if(isempty([Disc #]),,PadNumber([Disc #], 3) - )PadNumber([Track #], 3)) [Artist] - [Name]

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 02:10:08 pm »

Try

(if(isempty([Disc #]),,PadNumber([Disc #], 3) - )PadNumber([Track #], 3)) [Artist] - [Name]
isempty() won't work with the rename from properties tool, you need to use isequal().

if(isequal([disc #],unknown,8),,padnumber([disc #],3)-)padnumber([track #],3) - [artist] - [name]

should return "<disc #>-<track #> - <artist> - <name>" if there's a disc #, and "<track #> - <artist> - <name>" if there's no disc #.

-marko.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 12:55:20 am »

Marko: thank you very much, this works perfectly! I thought i knew everything about MC, but i wasn't aware of these powerful functions... Guess i'lll have to do some homework (;

Thank you all for the help.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 04:00:59 am »

>>I thought i knew everything about MC.... <<

I don't think any of us know everything about MC, collectively though, I think we do quite well.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up