INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 12 Issue with Cinemar ML Server, ML Music Lobby, Main Lobby latest releases  (Read 868 times)

davidkos

Good Afternoon,

This issue may be a joint problem with MC 12 & Cinemar software, so I've coped both forums.  Below is My Original Post to Cinemar

Hey Folks,

I need some help.

I am running J River MC 12 and the latest versions of Main Lobby, Music Lobby and ML Server. I'm not getting any text or album art in music lobby. I've setup the J River Server Plugin to operate on port 7000 and when I open setup in Music Lobby and go into options I see the Green Connected Icon for port 7000. When I go into ML Server into the options of the ML Media Center Plugin it shows everything as being registered and active and ready to go. All of the software resides on the same PC but I have also opened all of the firewall ports discussed in Cinemar's Wikkipedia discussion. I see a connected icon on port 5004 between Main Lobby & the ML Server. I had everything working fine until I upgraded to J River MC 12 & updated all of my Cinemar programs. I've checked a ton of the open topics and haven't seen any discussions on the issue I'm experiencing. I'm guessing that I must be missing something stupid but am not sure what to try next? Does anyone have any suggestions or experienced similar issues?

Their Response:

see if you have two mlmediacenter.ocx files in your j River directory. Only one should be there an registered with Windows. So, unreg the MC11 one and delete. And keep the one in the MC12 directory.

My Response to their suggestions:

I didn't see any mlmediacenter.ocx files in your j River directory for MC 11 or 12?

I went into Start/Run/Regedit and got rid of any registered files that had anything to do with MC11. Currently, the following files appear in the Registry:

MC12.exe
Media Center 12 Accessory
" " " Reg
" " " Play List
" " " Play Media
" " " Registration
" " " Start
" " " Subscribe
" " " Burn CD
" " " File
" " " MiMe
" " " Pack
" " " Play Audio CD
" " " Play DVD Video

I see the following ML Plugins Registered:
Date time
Dir tools
DVD Lobby
File Open
Girder
Horoscope
Math
Media Center
Music Player
Pause
RS 232 Send
Scheduler
Sliders
Startup
Stock Info
Strings
TCP Send
Timer
Volume
Windows
Functions
Write File

Still no luck.

I Uninstalled MC 12 with the option of just getting rid of the Registry files and then Reinstalled MC10.

Still no luck.

I Uninstalled MC 10 with the option of just getting rid of the Registry files and then Reinstalled MC12 again.

Still no luck.

The thing that kills me is that I had everything communicating properly for some time and then a patch upgrade for MC12 killed all communications between the programs?

I figured that possible I could restore windows to a time before the MC 12 patch upgrade occurred but I receive an error occurred message from windows when I try to get to the system restore option.

Any additional suggestions that you may have are really really appreciated!

Do your folks have any suggestions to my issues, all was working until I received an auto update to MC 12 about a month ago? Any suggestions that you may have would be Great! Thanks for the help! DK

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I'm not sure we can help, but what build of MC are you using?  Does Cinemar officially support it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up