INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big delay in updating galleries list in Pix01.com  (Read 870 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Big delay in updating galleries list in Pix01.com
« on: July 31, 2007, 07:45:53 am »

I was looking at my list of galleries in Pix01.com. I created a new gallery in MC, submitted it, and got the message that it was created and that I would get the email. I tried refreshing the browser to see the new gallery but nothing happened. I kept pressing F5 to refresh the browser and finally after about 15 seconds of trying this, the new gallery showed up. I would have assumed that when the gallery was created that the database was updated immediately and the refresh would be able to pull it up. Is there a reason why there's such a delay?
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Big delay in updating galleries list in Pix01.com
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 08:10:43 am »

The process that builds the database for the pages runs at short intervals (60 seconds, I think).  That's also when the e-mail gets sent.  We recently found that hotmail junks the e-mail.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 02:38:21 pm »

At that point the gallery has been created and submitted to pix01.  It is not available on pix01 until you get the email.  (Or at least pix01 pops the email in to the queue.)

I was looking at my list of galleries in Pix01.com. I created a new gallery in MC, submitted it, and got the message that it was created and that I would get the email. I tried refreshing the browser to see the new gallery but nothing happened. I kept pressing F5 to refresh the browser and finally after about 15 seconds of trying this, the new gallery showed up. I would have assumed that when the gallery was created that the database was updated immediately and the refresh would be able to pull it up. Is there a reason why there's such a delay?

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 07:33:58 am »

Thanks for the explanations. I first thought that the list just wasn't getting updated until I signed out and back in or thought that a Refresh button was needed. Now I know I just need to wait period.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up