INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trial version problems  (Read 1219 times)

alvintafoya

• Recent member
Trial version problems
« on: August 02, 2007, 11:58:14 am »

After installing the trial version, my system display continuously blacks out and the system becomes unusable. Is this app supposed to be the memory hog it seems to be? I love the features and the look, but I cannot buy this if noyhing else can be open at the same time (I do use this computer for other things!).

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Trial version problems
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 01:35:25 pm »

[...] if noyhing else can be open at the same time (I do use this computer for other things!).

OK, I just did a test: opend the actual Version of MC. Let it play some songs. Then minimized to tray and tried to open some other programs (Outlook, Picturesoftware, Miranda, xplorer˛). Up to now the only thing wich let me know MC is running is the sound leaving my speakers. So I tried to carry it to extreme: increased volume to maximum and started "Tomb Raider Legend Demo". Everything stays smooth.  ;)

May be there are some problems with your system. I have had quiet a few in conjunction with MC. Perhaps it's a bad codec pack? Or some MC Plugins you installed? For me, there is no slow down with MC most the time...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 02:26:42 pm »

I also have no similar problems, and certainly no problems with my displays, on multiple machines.  MC also does not run any system services or anything, and leaves nothing running when it is closed down.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

alvintafoya

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 05:39:45 pm »

Thanks for the info but how it works on another system will not help me. Here are the details:

Media Center 12.0.279 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium M 594 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 523 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-820S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

When the app is launched i get a quick flicker (the displays go black and a message flashes on the screen. This flicker is an alternating black screen and the desktop). When the app GUI finally comes up it is a partial interface. to Get the full interface you have to go to restore on the taskbar. Once the app is up, you can go for quite a while without anything going wrong. The last time it happened I was trying to set auto-import options. I checked the application table in the task manager and found "JRWorker.exe" starting and stopping. When the black screen comes up sometimes the mesage "Result = 0" shows up. (This is only part of the message. It flickers to fast to read it all).

I really want to use this app but I have to resolve this first. Any help is appreciated. Also is this forum the only form of tech support available for this app?

Thanks,

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 02:28:34 am »

[...] Also is this forum the only form of tech support available for this app? [...]

As far as I know: Yes.

Perhaps you could try to download and install the latest version of MC (at top of the forum). Maybe the problem, whatever it is, was solved in a newer Version.

Perhaps you could take a look at these threads:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40882.0 (very similar to yours, I guess)
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41601.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up