INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 crashes when quitting [solved]  (Read 863 times)

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
MC12 crashes when quitting [solved]
« on: August 02, 2007, 10:28:01 am »

Hello,

I had been running MC10 for years successfully.  Recently, I upgraded to MC12 and ever since, when I quit MC12, it crashes.  I am running on XP SP2 with all latest patches (auto-notification of new XP patches enabled).  I have tried various different file types; ogm, avi (xvid and divx), DVDs and MP3s.  Sometimes it quits successfully, but most of the time I am presented with a dialog box stating that "Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to close."  When I click on the "click here" link to get more information, I get "Error Signature : media center 12.exe      AppVer : 12.0.267.0   ModName : kernel32.dll    ModVer 5.1.2600.3119   Offset : 00012a5b".

When I look in the Event Viewer - Application, I see "Event ID 1000 - Faulting application media center 12.exe, version 12.0.267.0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3119, fault address 0x00012a5b."

I used to run the Lyrics Finder and DataMaster plugins, but have removed them.  As far as I know, all the remaining plugins were installed by default by MC12 (I could be wrong, not all list a company name).  When I upgraded from MC10, I did a clean install to a different directory.  MC10 is still on my machine, but I haven't launched it since I bought MC12.

I am running XP SP2, 512 MB RAM, Athlon 1.4 T-bird, SB Live! audio card, ATI 9600 XT vidcard.  This computer has been happilly running for more than 6 years with regular maintenance.  I have no problems with other programs recently, nor did I have issues with MC10.  I went through the FAQ on crashes, but have yet to find something which fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
DD.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC12 crashes when quitting
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 11:37:34 am »

Please update to build 294 at the top of this board.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC12 crashes when quitting
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 01:54:50 pm »

Whohoo!  That seems to have done the trick.  I only just upgraded today, but can quit to my hearts content without crashing.  Have tried various media files, none seem to complain any longer.

Thanks,
DD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up