INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mouse wheel scrolling problem  (Read 1838 times)

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Mouse wheel scrolling problem
« on: August 03, 2007, 08:33:57 am »

when using Rename Files From Properties, Move File, and others that open a dialog box to select a hard drive folder location, MC does not respond to mouse-wheel for scrolling through the tree until you first click on a folder in the tree.
By comparison, in Windows Explorer when doing similar operations it is not necessary to first click in the tree or filelist before the mouse-wheel will scroll.
Since this is isolated to occurring within MC, I assume it may be MC related.
. . . the game is rigged

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Mouse wheel scrolling problem
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 08:47:13 am »

I've been seeing exactly the same thing with IE for the last several months.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 11:59:46 am »

I have not seen it anywhere but in MC on my system(S)

I thought perhaps it had some connection to the report by "phoenix91" regarding file selection in the drop-down box during cover art selection, as I too have experienced what he describes and both relate to MC interfacing with Explorer

I can't select a cover art file out of my available files in the cover art folder. As you can see, the file list in the control remains empty.

(Image ommitted from quote)

I can key in the full cover art filename or move the slider to the right and click the specific cover art file in the main selection list.

My cover art folder contains more than 13000 files. Could this be a problem?

Also, note that this is occurring on a Windows XP machine as well as on a Windows Vista machine.
. . . the game is rigged

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 03:28:27 pm »

ALso noticed that previously if there was no vertical scrolling due to a short filelist in details views the mouse wheel used to act as a horizontal scroll instead (should there be enough column width).

When holding the cursor on the bottom scrollbar the mousewheel would facilitate horizontal scrolling, now instead it does a sort of mixed diagnal scroll.

Again, this is occurring on two seperate machines, one with WinXP the other with Vista so not likely a windows/machine/hardware/driver issue IMO
. . . the game is rigged

221bBS

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 05:18:10 pm »

ALso noticed that previously if there was no vertical scrolling due to a short filelist in details views the mouse wheel used to act as a horizontal scroll instead (should there be enough column width).

When holding the cursor on the bottom scrollbar the mousewheel would facilitate horizontal scrolling, now instead it does a sort of mixed diagnal scroll.

Again, this is occurring on two seperate machines, one with WinXP the other with Vista so not likely a windows/machine/hardware/driver issue IMO
I'm having the same problem

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 05:40:43 pm »

I'm also having to click something in a pane before the wheel starts scrolling.

221bBS

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 12:08:49 pm »

Another thing, when I navigate using the view scheme it use to remember my horizontal scroll position.

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 05:48:01 pm »

I'm also having to click something in a pane before the wheel starts scrolling

I got confused. What I meant to say was I have to click in a pane before I can use letter keys to move down the list. Up till now a little twitch of the scroll wheel was enough to get focus in there. Now I can scroll up and down with the wheel but when I hit 'F', I'm suddenly in File Type in the tree.
Pages: [1]   Go Up