INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Removing Image Files from MP3 Library  (Read 1199 times)

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
Problem Removing Image Files from MP3 Library
« on: August 07, 2007, 11:10:22 pm »

Somehow my image files show up in my mp3 library. I've tried deleting them in the 3-pane view (the folders the images are in show up as albums) and Ive tried deleting them from the list below. But they keep coming back. What can I do?
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.4412
* Firefox 126; Thunderbird 116

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Problem Removing Image Files from MP3 Library
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 02:45:57 am »

I'm sorry, but I really can't understand your question.

Have you imported the image files to the library or do you only see them as cover art for audio files? If they are individual library files do they appear besides the MP3 files or in a separate place?

If the image files appear under the Images part of the MC tree then it works as intended. If you use the Auto-Importer, perhaps it is configured to automatically import the image files too and also to reimport previously deleted files. Reconfigure the Auto-Import options in that case.

Please try to explain exactly where the image files appear, how the used view scheme is configured and what are the filename paths.

It would help if you could use the correct names for MC's screen parts. The program Help file has info about MC's screen parts.

You could post a screenshot too. Here are instructions: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=10029.msg280425#msg280425.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 12:02:11 pm »

Gee, it was all clear to me...  ;)

1. Tried the instructions for posting images - didn't work. I hit Alt+PrintScrn but when I selected Camera from the Actions window, I could not see any option to "Copy from Clipboard". Using Version 12.0.279.

I love screenshots. I eat 'em for breakfast, but setting up Pix is a project I have not yet tackled.

2. The image files were imported to the library. They are not cover art, but scans, downloads, and digital camera images.

3. My MC library display that appears after starting MC12 and clicking Audio at the upper left consists of a 3-pane window. Artists are listed in the upper left pane, Albums are listed in the upper right pane, and files are listed in the lower pane.

4. Auto-Import has always been and is still enabled. In AutoImport Options, I removed the folder that contained the images, but haven't retested. Will do so after I finish this post.

5. The images appear when I am in the Audio mode.

6. The image filenames and paths reflect their actual locations on the disk: d:\images\image.jpg etc. The mp3 files are on e:

Again, what I do is select the names in the Album pane that I want to delete, then use Delete from Library.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 12:21:35 pm »

Here's what the Copy to Clipboard option looks like:
http://pix01.com/O9@YPUk

When you select an image, delete will remove it from the library.  Shift-delete will remove it from the disk.

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problem Removing Image Files from MP3 Library (RESOLVED)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 12:34:57 pm »

Fixed it.

1 Opened MC12, saw image entries in list.

2 Clicked into Image mode and saw all images in list pane.

3 Placed cursor in list and typed Ctrl A to select all images.

4 Delete > From Media Library.

5 Closed and reopened MC12. Image files no longer appear in library.  :D

HAPPY CAMPER!
Pages: [1]   Go Up