INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raise / Lower Slowdown  (Read 630 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Raise / Lower Slowdown
« on: August 11, 2007, 08:52:56 pm »

I notice that MC has a sometimes major slowdown -- especially on my slightly older but still fast machines.  If I have MC minimized and just use other applications over time...maybe a few minutes...raising MC can take 1-5 seconds or more.  The strange thing is that the hard drive doesn't seem to even be used in that period.  One would expect heavy HDD usage as it may have been swapping memory data to the hard drive for MC since it wasn't being used much.  Minimizing often produces a similar lag.

In the time it took me to type the above, I had MC minimized.  When I clicked it to raise it, the left and top bar appeared quickly but the main display window took about 4 seconds with essentially no increased hard drive usage.  Edit: it seems to only show the left bar with playlist list and nothing more until the lag time has passed--then the top bar and song list appear.

I think this is related to when I first start MC how there is a 1-5 second lag where it is querying the database for files--that may be the slowdown.  Something with the database.

Any ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up