INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DivX Codec problem  (Read 757 times)

evilhobo

• Recent member
DivX Codec problem
« on: August 12, 2007, 04:25:36 am »

When MC has been running for a while ( > 10 seconds....), the Divx codec taskbar icon keeps turning opening and closing. This happens even when the application isn't playing any media. The annoying thing is that everytime divx starts, it steals focus, which makes doing anything impossible (the focused application simply loses focus).

I've only noticed this is more recent versions of MC and it occurs on all three pcs that I have running it. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: DivX Codec problem
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 05:20:29 am »

Probably that happens because MC is building the thumbnail pictures in the background. For getting the images MC accesses the video files through your installed DivX codec. Normally the thumbnail building process starts when you browse the video section inside MC. This behavior should stop when all thumbnails are created.

You can also prebuild the thumbnails manually:
Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build Missing Thumbnails...

However, this thumbnail building process should not steal focus (at least not from MC itself). It should only slower your browsing experience slightly. I would recommended uninstalling DivX and using the CCCP codec & filter pack instead. In my experince the Direct Show filters included in the CCCP pack are much better.

Check my answer in your other thread for more info.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up