INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ben's Search For the Corrupt File  (Read 802 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Ben's Search For the Corrupt File
« on: August 14, 2007, 10:55:30 pm »

I turned on logging and left the default checkboxes.  When MC crashed, after ~6100 import files of ~9000, all I see is this:

0188777: 4112: Database: JRAnalyzerFile::GetImage: Finish (0 ms)

I was ONLY importing my DVD collection.  So I'm guessing one of those files is corrupt.  I'm going to now try importing select top-level folders because I break my DVD collection down to several categories.

benn600

Re: Ben's Search For the Corrupt File
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 11:01:33 pm »

It seems that DVD folders always "update library to match external file changes."  Can something be done to handle the issue of what I think is that DVD folders can't store data about themselves?  What about a .info file or something that Media Center could generate on its own so this information could be kept in tact?  Otherwise, users seem to rely on the database.

Anything to better support DVD folders would be great--and there's always the issue of right-click, locate on disk.  It doesn't work on DVD folders.

benn600

Re: Ben's Search For the Corrupt File
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 11:34:14 pm »

Not looking good with my current technique.  I started manually adding a single DVD folder at a time.  I got down to the Television folder (largest one) and it went fine and I even added my next folder of only 3 DVDs.  It crashed...so I went back and added JUST the folder of 3 DVDs.  It didn't crash!  So it appears that it's the 3 DVD folder but alone, it didn't make it crash.  How exactly do I figure out what FILE caused the crash.
Pages: [1]   Go Up