INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video renderer issue  (Read 1172 times)

galahad1974

• World Citizen
video renderer issue
« on: August 17, 2007, 08:17:11 am »

Im having video quality issues, and ive been trying to look through the forums and research before just asking here, but i cant find the answer. my image was very pixelated when playing any non HD file (mostly divx or xvid files). well after installing cccp and tweaking other things to no avail i've discovered that the problem goes away if i switch to the legacy renderer. but then i get washed out colors. If i use the enhanced renderer i get good color and sharp image but picture leftovers in the black areas beside my image. with or the other renderers give me very poor quality video. Can someone help me understand how these renderers differ and take a guess at whats going on here? Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: video renderer issue
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 12:08:47 pm »

There are some issues with EVR right now, but I believe you'll be pleased with the next build that comes to release.

What video hw do you have?
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 12:29:31 pm »

Just for what its worth, the bug in the Enhanced Video renderer is caused by resizing when a video is playing. Pause & resume the video with CTRL + P and the picture leftovers will be gone :) (Using the pause button won't work, as it resizes the video slightly)

Cheers

-Leezer-

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:16:55 pm »

video hardware - nvidia 7950

fwhoch

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 12:43:21 am »

if you are using ffdshow go into the output option in the Video configuration window, then deselect the "YV12" option and select "Set interlace flag in output media type" to "Method: Bob"

I was having the same issue and this worked, let me know if it works for you.

Good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up