INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get FLAC plugins to install under MC12  (Read 2376 times)

doc6502

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Can't get FLAC plugins to install under MC12
« on: August 17, 2007, 11:11:43 am »

All

I'm trying to install the FLAC plugin under MC12.  No dice, as per usual (this has never worked properly for me, which is extremely frustrating).

I download the plugin zip files from Sourceforge, unzip them to a temporary directory.  I run the In_FLAC.mjp file or the Enc_FLAC.mjp file. MC starts, and then that's it.  Nothing else.  Is there a notification that the plugin has been successfully installed?

I looked in the plugins directory and saw that the In_FLAC.dll and Enc_FLAC.dll files had not been installed, so it looks like the installation failed.  No error message as to why the install failed, of course.

I ran DependancyWalker and found the GDIPLUS.DLL file was missing.  I copied that to the temporary directories and re-ran the install.  Nothing.

Also, running the the Local_Install.mjp file also fails.

I have closed MC after each install attempt and re-started after a few minutes.  The plugin doesn't register.

Any ideas?

It'd really be nice if this plugin was shipped with the base product.  Having to to and fro like this is ridiculous.

My system is Windows XP, SP2.  I've got MC 12.0.279 installed.

Thanks

-Doc

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't get FLAC plugins to install under MC12
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:03:09 pm »

Doc, you appear to have read previous posts on this topic, so I won't rehash.  I would say #1, take a good look at whether your anitvirus isn't playing a role in this.  And #2, while I agree with getting FLAC supported internally like other major formats, I don't see ANY aspect of the problem you report now, and I was one of the three people who ever experienced it, some months ago for one or two versions.  Are you SURE you're using the latest available version of both MC and FLAC plugin? 

scthom

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 07:50:59 pm »

I ran DependancyWalker and found the GDIPLUS.DLL file was missing.  I copied that to the temporary directories and re-ran the install.  Nothing.

GDIPlus.DLL needs to be in your system directory, not in the temporary directory.

doc6502

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 12:49:58 pm »

Hey Scott

As I mentioned, GDIPlus is in both the system and temporary directories.  I copied it over from the system directory.  A measure of despiration on my part.

JGreen

I disabled virus checking (I'm using Symantec V10) and retried the installs.  Didn't work either.

Thanks

-Doc

scthom

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 01:06:09 am »

Sorry, misunderstood.  Thought I was on to something  :'(

I suspect, if you've had this long and consistent a problem, that there's something in your system that prevents the DLL from registering.  Either anti-virus/anti-spyware (maybe something in the background or a service?) or similar.  A couple of additional suggestions...

Try copying the dll to the plugins directory and installing it through Plug-In Manager.
Try copying the dll to the plugins directory and manually running regsvr32 on it.

Obviously, it's impossible to test all possible configurations.  I've tried to make it require as little as possible extras to keep that sort of thing to a minimum.

doc6502

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 01:39:09 pm »

Scot:Try copying the dll to the plugins directory and installing it through Plug-In Manager.

This worked.  Thanks!

scthom

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 09:53:09 am »

Scot:Try copying the dll to the plugins directory and installing it through Plug-In Manager.

This worked.  Thanks!

Excellent!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up