INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP101 Not Playing  (Read 2566 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
MP101 Not Playing
« on: July 15, 2007, 06:18:12 pm »

When I get my MP101 to play via MC's server, it never continues beyond a song.  If I start playing a song, it plays fine.  However, when the song is finished, the hour glass just starts flashing for about a minute until it reverts to the previous screen listing the songs from where the songs was started.  I have to wait for the hour glass to finish and then manually start another song.  Any ideas?

Also, if you could improve browsing speeds a little bit that would be really nice.  My MP101 used to, at one point, browse absolutely stunningly fast with less than 1 second delay between server queries...it's not near that fast anymore and hasn't been for quite a few MC versions.  I see more like 1-5 seconds or more now...and connecting to the server takes a while longer than it used to, too.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MP101 Not Playing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 07:46:48 pm »

When I get my MP101 to play via MC's server, it never continues beyond a song.  If I start playing a song, it plays fine.  However, when the song is finished, the hour glass just starts flashing for about a minute until it reverts to the previous screen listing the songs from where the songs was started.  I have to wait for the hour glass to finish and then manually start another song.  Any ideas?

Also, if you could improve browsing speeds a little bit that would be really nice.  My MP101 used to, at one point, browse absolutely stunningly fast with less than 1 second delay between server queries...it's not near that fast anymore and hasn't been for quite a few MC versions.  I see more like 1-5 seconds or more now...and connecting to the server takes a while longer than it used to, too.
Make sure your UPnP server is set to use the MP101.

Your server may have issues.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 09:20:08 pm »

If you are using Vista - sorry, it's no longer supported. The glitch is not limited to MC, it happens with all UPnP software. There are rumors of an upgrade to the MP101 firmware, though it's a user-effort, not from Netgear.

j

benn600

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 10:22:01 pm »

That's exactly what the MP101 needs.  It is a good device with sufficient hardware but the firmware is bare bones and hardly even something to write home about.

Flac support would be nice in itself just because it would lower the level of complexity and would result in higher quality output anyway.  I love it when I can utilize the full lossless quality whenever possible.

I'll search around to see exactly what the user MP101 firmware is all about.  Thanks for the tip.

sch phase

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 02:29:19 am »

Hi benn600
If you find an upgrade that enables a mp101 to work under vista, please let us know, I have to run an old xp desktop in a cupboard just to keep my 101's alive, even running mc on the xp as a client didn't work either, the mp101 says unsupported format when you try to play a song, so now running a stand alone version of mc 12, but sharing the media from the main vista pc ?

benn600

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 08:51:20 am »

Yes but I've got my MP101 to work fine under Vista.  Now I'm getting the runtime error for MC that I often got under XP as well so really, I don't notice anything different under Vista.

So what's this about no longer supporting Vista?  Do you have an official operating system support list somewhere?  Vista is new, lol, but you're removing support for it--why?  Piece o' junk?

I'm only using it because I was informed I basically have to.

sch phase

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 10:51:27 am »

I can only get my 101's to plays single tracks of a playlist under Vista, other folk on this forum have commented the same.

benn600

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 11:09:27 am »

Yep.  This morning.  I started MC fresh on my server, ran up to listen while showering (MP101), and it played one song fine.  After that, hour glass and after only one more song, MC crashed and no server present.

So it's a combination of issues of MC.  It's the single song issue + the crashing issue.  MC has ALWAYS crashed on my server with a runtime error even with XP for as long as I can remember.  It just used to run a little longer before crashing--but it still did without failure.

Wonder if it's the files.  I should try just audio and see if that works better.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 12:17:26 pm »

The log you sent was for the current run, which didn't crash.  Could you send another?

After a crash, use the "email logs" link on the logging dialog.  Otherwise, be sure to send the "Previous Log" since it's the one that contains the crash.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 12:47:51 pm »

So what's this about no longer supporting Vista?  Do you have an official operating system support list somewhere?  Vista is new, lol, but you're removing support for it--why?  Piece o' junk?

Not Vista - MP101 running against Vista...

j

benn600

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 02:39:23 pm »

I see.  I created a new database with ONLY my FLAC music and it doesn't appear to be crashing.  I will let it run for a day or so and see if anything comes up....and I'll try my MP101 sometime.  Perhaps it's my DVD files?  The last time I setup a library, I used my music and DVD only video...no pictures or non-DVD video.  It's streaming over library server to me right now perfectly and I see my server at home is doing fine with no errors.

benn600

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 05:30:33 pm »

So is there any hope eventually for this working again?  Isn't there a way to configure Vista so it will work?  I've already disabled the firewall and made some other lower security adjustments but no change.  I don't want to have to run another server 24/7.

HEY: has anybody tried running a Virtual PC on Vista?  If that would work, I would settle for doing that even though it isn't the best choice--it will slow my main server down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up