INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCMultiView  (Read 3224 times)

StoereKabouter

MCMultiView
« on: August 20, 2007, 03:06:31 am »

Dear,

I've read on this forum someone developed a program called "MCMultiView" which can control different zones remotely.
I think I can use it:
We have 8 zone's and one server (upstairs) with MC installed on it. Now we would like to control our zone's remotely. For example: when we're in the kichen I would like to change music in the kichen (zone 2) or living room (zone 3), ...
When we're outside by the pool I would like to change the music playing outside (zone 4) or in the pool house, etc.
I tought this was possible with NetRemote but on this forum I read the MCMultiView solution was even better?
Would you please post the correct link to your program on this forum? I tried to download MCMultiView but the links are down...  :-[

Regards,

Wouter.
(BELGIUM)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MCMultiView
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:07:14 pm »

Hi,

I stopped developing this when there was no interest in it.  I think it actually is the opposite of what you want.  You don't use it on remote PCs to control the server.  It is meant to run on the server sending output to different displays (multiple extended desktops with dual output video card and/or multiple video cards).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 03:52:48 am »

Am I right: You have one PC with a dual view graphic card and the desktop extended to the secondary screen. With your tool I would be able to have two different library windows open on one PC?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 07:59:59 am »

Am I right: You have one PC with a dual view graphic card and the desktop extended to the secondary screen. With your tool I would be able to have two different library windows open on one PC?

Correct.  Each display could show and control a different zone.  The interface was single-column navigation kind of like a Tivo.

As I recall the problems I ran into were that there was some strange list behavior when using Girder to send keypresses to the different windows and the MC fullscreen diplay view can only be shown on one display so you might not see videos or pictures if you are using a secondary display.  However, it worked pretty well for music.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 11:01:32 am »

Is it possible to get a copy of this? I'd really like to test / use it.  :D

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 11:55:06 am »

Ok.  Be warned that I just tried it and it seems to work but I haven't used it in a long time so there may be problems.  Note that it no longer is an MC plugin but is a standalone application.  So, registration is no longer necessary (ignore this stuff in the docs).  Just make sure you have the .NET 1.1 framework installed, unzip to any directory and run the .exe from there.  I would recommend "importing" one of the included samples for each display that is close to the resolution of the display and then tweaking from there.  MC needs to be running before you "launch" the windows.

Download it here.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 06:19:55 am »

Ok.  Be warned that I just tried it and it seems to work but I haven't used it in a long time so there may be problems.

Thanks!! I hope I'll get the time to play around with it.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 09:31:53 pm »

Is it possible for me to try this also please? I just tried your link, and got a Forbidden :(

I think I may have some interesting uses for it...

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 10:13:55 pm »

Is it possible for me to try this also please? I just tried your link, and got a Forbidden :(

Are you using Opera?  I get the same behavior for some reason - I'm not sure why.  Use IE and right-click "Save Target As" and you should be able to download the zip file.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 07:17:22 am »

Are you using Opera?  I get the same behavior for some reason - I'm not sure why.  Use IE and right-click "Save Target As" and you should be able to download the zip file.
Nope, IE, but your suggestion worked. Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up