INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any ideas on fast custom cover art for home movies?  (Read 786 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Any ideas on fast custom cover art for home movies?
« on: August 20, 2007, 09:55:30 am »

I have around 100 DVDs of home videos (many transferred from VHS) and it they don't have any cover art.  I would like to know if anyone has any ideas on an easy way to enter all the titles I have and quickly create a simple, generic cover with the title?  Just a simple background image that would vary maybe 5 times (different general topics) plus the title of the DVD on that.  It would be better than the generic movie reel image in MC.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Any ideas on fast custom cover art for home movies?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 10:34:03 am »

What is the problem?

For example: Create five images and save them to a folder, sort the videos files to five playlists, go to each playlist and apply the cover art.

(select all > right-click > Cover Art... > Add From File  or
select all and drag the image to the AW > Tag > Image window)

EDIT

I just noticed this:

plus the title of the DVD on that

You would need to write the titles in in your image editor and create a separate image for each DVD (or each individual video film).

Though, I wonder if MC's automatic thumbnail text would be enough. Small pixelated text on the thumbnail images would probably be quite illegible. Since these are video covers they are never displayed in a big size in the PN display.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up