INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Cover Art for a bunch of singles  (Read 848 times)

buhrmi

Get Cover Art for a bunch of singles
« on: August 21, 2007, 03:22:00 am »

Hi there,

I believe I've ran into some usability issues, or maybe I'm just stupid. I was used to use KingSpartas tool to download Cover Art of the Internet.

MC does fine downloading Art for Albums, placing the Folder.jpg in the Album's directory. However, I just cannot get MC to download the Cover Art for bunch of single files without an Album Tag. Even if it could do it, it would be pointless cause they are all in the same Directory, thus there is only one Folder.jpg. KingSparta's Tool was able to download based on Artist and Name. But I don't get it to work in MC12....

Any ideas?

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Get Cover Art for a bunch of singles
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 07:21:23 am »

I don't think King's tool will work with MC 12. Regarding singles, don't they usually come from an album so they could be in a separate folder? At least that's what I have been doing when I only buy one song from an online site. I use Yahoo Music Unlimited so I see that for some artists they have singles, like a hit song before the album comes out, but they always show some kind of cover art for that single. And of course that single is usually included in the album when that is released. So my suggestion is to separate those singles into separate folders and add an album name. If you can't find cover art for it yet, you can always use a dummy "No Cover" image until one is available.
Jeff

buhrmi

Re: Get Cover Art for a bunch of singles
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 07:55:00 am »

Hey,

yeah... For the last 2-3 hours I've been searching Cover Art for single files (without an Album Tag). Hoped there would be a possibilty to do it automated...
Pages: [1]   Go Up