INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't add read Tracks to library & question  (Read 988 times)

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
Don't add read Tracks to library & question
« on: August 24, 2007, 12:38:05 pm »

The title says it all.
Everytime I play a mp3 from windows explorer, the track is added to my library BUT I don't want this.
I just want to have my sync-ed folders in my library.
Is it possible ?

I have another request: I'd like to know where I can find a compilation of tips and trick for MC.
Smart view schemes, use of filters, theater wiew items, etc
I thought I would find this in the wiki but I didn't. And there are only a few "how-to" in the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Don't add read Tracks to library & question
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 01:13:28 pm »

The title says it all.
Everytime I play a mp3 from windows explorer, the track is added to my library BUT I don't want this.
I just want to have my sync-ed folders in my library.
Is it possible ?

Disable this option: Tools > Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Automatically import files into media library

Also, make sure that the location is not included in the configured Auto-Import folders. Personally I keep the Auto-Import switched off and start it manually only when needed.

I have another request: I'd like to know where I can find a compilation of tips and trick for MC.
Smart view schemes, use of filters, theater wiew items, etc
I thought I would find this in the wiki but I didn't. And there are only a few "how-to" in the forum.

Wiki is a relatively new thing and contains only some of the tips and instructions that have been posted in these forums during the last few years.

JimH has gathered some good links in the FAQ thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=10029.0

In addition the forum search is a good tool for finding info. If you can't find what you are looking for just post your questions here.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 02:07:04 pm »

Disable this option: Tools > Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Automatically import files into media library

Also, make sure that the location is not included in the configured Auto-Import folders. Personally I keep the Auto-Import switched off and start it manually only when needed.
Ok I've missed this option. I think it should be relocated under "Library and folder". By the way why do you switch off Auto-import? Is it CPU consuming? Or does it slow down MC?
Wiki is a relatively new thing and contains only some of the tips and instructions that have been posted in these forums during the last few years.

JimH has gathered some good links in the FAQ thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=10029.0

In addition the forum search is a good tool for finding info. If you can't find what you are looking for just post your questions here.
I've found some interesting smartlist across the forum. But I think it's a shame that every new user has to browse hundred pages to get the best of MC!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 02:47:53 pm »

Ok I've missed this option. I think it should be relocated under "Library and folder".

It's an old option. I think it was already there five years ago when I started my MJ/MC journey. I guess no one has reconsidered its location when other new options have been added. The library fields were previously under a separate menu item.

Ok I've missed this option. I think it should be relocated under "Library and folder". By the way why do you switch off Auto-import? Is it CPU consuming? Or does it slow down MC?

I have done my mass-importing years ago. I prefer to have full control of what I import. Usually I drag new files to Playing Now and right-click import from there.

I've found some interesting smartlist across the forum. But I think it's a shame that every new user has to browse hundred pages to get the best of MC!

We have had a couple of "share your smartlists" threads, for example this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=9765

Perhaps you could bump that thread with your findings or maybe start a new thread. (Some of the old smartlist rules may not work properly because MC has changed.)

EDIT

I just released that the old thread is in the MC11 forum. It would definitely be better to start a new thread here. Later on the gathered smartlists can be added to Wiki.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up