INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto delete/update  (Read 919 times)

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
Auto delete/update
« on: August 26, 2007, 11:48:42 pm »

I had a drive crash awhile back and I have been going through a process of backing everything up as I restore the music files. 

MC looked at my backup drive (using the same drive letter of the disconnected internal drive) and began deleting information from the database such as cover art.  It most likely deleted a lot more data since most of the backup drive was done before I purchased MC and I did not update the tags on the backup drive after I added a lot of information such as lyrics, BPM etc.   

Then, when I fired up the internal drive to try to identify what has been damaged or lost, again, MC began updating itself and deleting all the missing directories and files.  It looks like I will have to do this manually file by file.  I have over 13,000 files to verify.

This "Auto Mode" is really compounding the problem and causing many more hours of work to restore the files and data.  How do I turn the "auto" mode off?  I want to be prompted before MC adds or deletes anything. 

Tunetyme

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto delete/update
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:16:39 am »

to turn off the "auto import/auto clean up" stuff, click on Tools in MC's top toolbar, then click on "Auto-Import Options".

In the right hand pane, untick the 3 tickboxes shown below...

-marko

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
Re: Auto delete/update
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 07:52:55 am »

Thanks!  I corrected the auto import options.  What about the broken links?  Since some of my files are missing should I set that to no?

Tunetyme
Pages: [1]   Go Up