INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot import purchased iTunes Music Vids with MC  (Read 1716 times)

Callandra

Cannot import purchased iTunes Music Vids with MC
« on: August 19, 2007, 10:33:49 am »

Hiya,

I've unable to import the music videos I bought using iTunes into MC.

I've tried everything - dragging and dropping from windows explorer into MC, running a full import, even dragging and dropping from itunes to MC.

There's no error message...MC seems to think about it, but nothing seems to happen.

Is this a known bug? I notice someone else has the same problem (see post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39101.0) but no one has yet responded.

Also, thought I'd  take this opportunity say congrats on a fantastic product. I've been using MC since it was first released - and used Music Jukebox prior to that. It's consistently beaten the pants of all of its' rivals, and I'm always evangalising about it to my friends and co-workers.

Keep up the good work :)

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
Re: Cannot import purchased iTunes Music Vids with MC
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:35:59 am »

Just confirmed that this still doesn't work... :(

Callandra

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 08:48:03 am »

Any chance of getting a reply from tech support here?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:54:22 am »

MC uses the Quicktime engine to play Apple's DRM files.  Do they play in QT?  What file type are they?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 09:51:22 am »

Jim - If they're music videos, they'd be M4P, which is just a MP4 with Apple's DRM infection.

To be clear, to play back videos encumbered intentionally broken with the Apple DRM, you will need to have iTunes and Quicktime Player installed.  If you don't have the latest iTunes installed, the first step would be to do that.  Make sure the videos play in iTunes and Quicktime Player.  Once they do, then MC should be able to play them.

For the special Apple DRM media, MC just uses the Quicktime engine to play them.  If Quicktime can't, then MC can't.

If they DO play in Quicktime Player and iTunes, but still won't in MC.  Then we will need some additional information.  Please post back with your system and software details.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 06:00:08 am »

They're m4v files purchaced from the itunes store. They play fine in QT and in Itunes but will not play or import into MC. I have the latest versions of QT and Itunes installed... here is my system info

Media Center Registered 12.0.308 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0  (Build 6000)
AMD Unknown 998 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 922 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16512 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: PHILIPS PBDV1640P         Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: PHILIPS  PBDV1640P          Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
Pages: [1]   Go Up